BBO Discussion Forums: Log in Problems - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 User is offline   Corral_2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-October-28, 17:27

IN the last week my log in problems started. Adv banner comes up, but only the BBO logo comes on and it flashes on and off, with no box to log in. It sometimes takes 30 mi or so before I can finally see the box to log in. Running Win 7, IE, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, made sure pop ups were not blocked for BBO. That is the extent of my knowledge of things to try. Other sites are operating just fine. I have not recently added any other software to my system. I have to start trying to log in at least 30 minutes early if I have a scheduled game..pretty frustrating.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-October-28, 18:36

View PostCorral_2, on 2013-October-28, 17:27, said:

IN the last week my log in problems started. Adv banner comes up, but only the BBO logo comes on and it flashes on and off, with no box to log in. It sometimes takes 30 mi or so before I can finally see the box to log in. Running Win 7, IE, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, made sure pop ups were not blocked for BBO. That is the extent of my knowledge of things to try. Other sites are operating just fine. I have not recently added any other software to my system. I have to start trying to log in at least 30 minutes early if I have a scheduled game..pretty frustrating.

Try another browser (Firefox, Chrome). Several people reported recent problems with Internet Explorer.

http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/

https://www.google.c...chrome/browser/

#3 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-October-29, 17:58

View Postdiana_eva, on 2013-October-28, 18:36, said:

Try another browser (Firefox, Chrome). Several people reported recent problems with Internet Explorer.

http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/

https://www.google.c...chrome/browser/

I saw the same thing on Chrome in the past week. But I don't wait more than 60 seconds.

Just close the window and try again. That usually seems to work. The problem is most likely on the server side. Though there is the chance that you have local internet traffic issues. What seems like a single event to a user usually results in many round-trip communications between the browser and the host on your behalf.

Added: It could also be a problem with the ad-server. If they don't complete the communications properly, then BBO may not be asked to finish its login sequence.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-30, 12:06

View PostFM75, on 2013-October-29, 17:58, said:

Added: It could also be a problem with the ad-server. If they don't complete the communications properly, then BBO may not be asked to finish its login sequence.

The ads are in an iframe, so it shouldn't have any effect on the main window containing the game.

#5 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-October-30, 13:28

View Postbarmar, on 2013-October-30, 12:06, said:

The ads are in an iframe, so it shouldn't have any effect on the main window containing the game.

Shouldn't or can't?

This is something that you could try. Rig up a link to login that does the same thing except have the iframe link to a domain that does not exist. It takes DNS quite a while to figure that out, because the have to go to the top level domain servers to get an authoritative answer. If the login can be completed before you get a 5xx response in the iframe, then you know you are ok.

Of course, you need to test it in all browsers.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-30, 13:44

View PostFM75, on 2013-October-30, 13:28, said:

Shouldn't or can't?

As I understand it, each frame operates independently. Browsers don't even allow scripts within them to communicate unless they're coming from the same domain. But the main frame is coming from www.bridgebase.com, while the ad frame comes from ads.bridgebase.com. So it's not possible for the main frame to tell whether anything has loaded in the ad frame.

And we don't have any code in the main frame that tries to do that, either.

#7 User is offline   gutsybroad 

• Pip

Posted 2013-November-21, 17:16

View PostCorral_2, on 2013-October-28, 17:27, said:

I am having this same problem

what is the solution

pc cleaner comes up now

#8 User is offline   rakamit123 

• Pip

Posted 2016-May-08, 09:56

same problems . automatically logging out from the site around 1 to 5 min

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic