BBO Discussion Forums: BBF Team Matches? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF Team Matches? Any interest?

#1 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2013-October-03, 17:35

I was not very active on the forums while the BBF League was running, and mostly hear that it was hard to coordinate matches. However, with interest from others, I would like to put the idea of a weekly BBF (or friends of) match similar to the JEC matches. A set day/time where we can setup a match to play/watch a friendly 4-man match against other forum posters.

If we were to do this there are some things to determine...

- Day/Time
- # of Boards
- Setup players in advance...or 1st come, first serve on BBO before match time
- If a lot of interest, but not enough for 2 tables...should we have a system to determine who plays?
- Anything else I forgot...usually a lot... :)

I would be highly interested in this if we can get a match every week. Are you interested?

-Don
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#2 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-October-03, 20:43

Hello RunemPard :

A great news,you are welcome,always for our chinese and thank you very much for your nice try again in advance.
We are members of Chinese Forum,of course,all my members are so interested in what you said if your information appears to be readily available.
As you know,the time difference is difficult to overcome difficulties.
1- For our chinese,the best time: 19.30 - 23.30 in Beijing Time (GMT+8)
2- Boards: the more,the better.how about 30 boards at one time,or more?
3- TD : no problem,my other username is ilovebbo (manager of China Bridge Club),it can create 5 TM in the meantime.
4- if not enough for 2 tables? it is no problem,I can help you if you play with / against us,

Tack igen, lycka .
Med vänlig hälsning

lycier

China Bridge Club and Chinese Forum

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-04, 02:56

The BBO InterCity League starts on 16 October. Matches are played every Wednesday starting at 1945-2000 BST (2045-2100 Paris, 1445-1500 New York). Full details at http://bbo.splitbridge.hr/. It is a fun league and I'm sure cobRAD would welcome a BBF team.

Based on my experience of playing and running online teams, competitions and ladders, you definitely need a fixed time and date to stand any chance of success. In terms of BBF-based events, I suggest you find a few people to captain squads and devolve much of the organisation to them.

Finally I've been running a series of team matches over the last month for those involved in this season's international trials (England, Scotland, Wales, NI, Ireland). I did take on all the organisation and it was greatly helped by using doodle.com to discover people's availability (and interest). I fixed the dates and then invited PAIRS to mark their availability. It worked very well. When I didn't have a multiple of four pairs I just made a decision over who played, but I'm quite a pleasant dictator so it worked. But it was a considerable amount of work.

Good luck,

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-October-04, 09:46

What is it they say about the definition of insanity? :)

#5 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-04, 10:50

View Postpaulg, on 2013-October-04, 02:56, said:

The BBO InterCity League starts on 16 October. Matches are played every Wednesday starting at 1945-2000 BST (2045-2100 Paris, 1445-1500 New York). Full details at http://bbo.splitbridge.hr/. It is a fun league and I'm sure cobRAD would welcome a BBF team.

Hello paulg

Pardon,I failed to open your URL (I come from China mainland,google had left China and I dare not say special reasons.),can you tell me about it in detail?

Thank you .

lycier

#6 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-07, 08:03

Contact cobRAD on BBO for more details. The results pages for the edition are at http://intercity.cloudapp.net/ if you can read that.

But the key is that matches are on Wednesdays at 8pm UK, 9pm Pairs, from October 16. Register your teams with cobRAD.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#7 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-22, 07:50

View PostRunemPard, on 2013-October-03, 17:35, said:

- Anything else I forgot...usually a lot... :)

You might want to have a declaration up front on whether you are allowed to have any Chinese or Taiwanese players on your team. It sounded like this point caused something of an issue the last time this was tried (but perhaps I misunderstood).
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-October-23, 09:01

View PostZelandakh, on 2013-October-22, 07:50, said:

You might want to have a declaration up front on whether you are allowed to have any Chinese or Taiwanese players on your team. It sounded like this point caused something of an issue the last time this was tried (but perhaps I misunderstood).

Wasn't that because that match was specifically "China vs Others"? I don't see why nationality would be an issue for a more generic tournament.

#9 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2013-October-23, 09:12

Have not gotten a lot of feedback, but I may try to setup a match soon. Even if we have to do BBF vs ??. If BBF China would like to setup a team to play against us, I am sure we can come up with 4 players if need be?

Or if Onoway would like, we can do BBF vs IAC? (As they were doing with BBF China vs IAC)
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#10 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-23, 09:33

View Postbarmar, on 2013-October-23, 09:01, said:

Wasn't that because that match was specifically "China vs Others"? I don't see why nationality would be an issue for a more generic tournament.

The match was China BC vs IAC. The player that was apparently rejected was a member of the IAC. One could ask the same question as to why nationality should have been an issue there.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users