• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WE OWN OCTOBER 2013 vs JEC 5/12/19/26 every saturday we can get hammered

#41 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-October-25, 14:36

Looks like you're doing your best to discourage everyone from even trying. Finding a team of friends who also happen to be free at the same time is quite hard. Every once in a while when it happens you come hit us with some rules made out of sheer nothingness. I don't know who asked for rules at all... First you discard jallerton and finch, now you break a team.

Sorry but I lost all interest in this, you might as well call it gzses vs jec for all I care.

#42 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2013-October-25, 14:42

View Postdiana_eva, on 2013-October-25, 14:36, said:

Looks like you're doing your best to discourage everyone from even trying. Finding a team of friends who also happen to be free at the same time is quite hard. Every once in a while when it happens you come hit us with some rules made out of sheer nothingness. I don't know who asked for rules at all... First you discard jallerton and finch, now you break a team.

Sorry but I lost all interest in this, you might as well call it gzses vs jec for all I care.

Is there any good reason why Phoenix214 and Neaospsy can't play next weekend instead?

I have absolutely no objection to playing with them as team mates, however, Diana was the one putting out team together.
The fact that it Mr Ace wasn't able to post to the forums in time to meet this deadline seems a bit arbitrary...
Alderaan delenda est

#43 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 14:51

Ah well, now that Richard quoted what I posted I won't edit it out. I guess I was a bit pissed lol. So anyway, sorry for the outburst.

#44 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 15:04

I really wanted to play this match, with Arend and Diana-Hroathgar. Due to my job i work weird hours and i do not have available time on any given day.

I strongly disagree with the decision of captain of the team for various reasons similar to what Diana and Richard already said.

But i will respect it and not make a huge deal about it. Arguing this will not do any of us any good. Gzsez is still doing a very tuff job and can not please everyone. Things don't go exactly how we want them sometimes, so be it.

Give him some slack. He is one of us and trying to perform something which is not really fun to do.

I wish the best of luck to those who will play, and i mean it Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#45 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2013-October-25, 15:10

I really do apologize to Diana and Richard for screwing this one and not be able to post on time. I had no clue about this rule.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#46 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-25, 16:27

How did we not have a full team? As Timo wrote, I had agreed to playing with him, and I confirmed by upvoting his post...
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#47 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2013-October-25, 17:52

View Postcherdano, on 2013-October-25, 16:27, said:

How did we not have a full team? As Timo wrote, I had agreed to playing with him, and I confirmed by upvoting his post...

Apparently i was late to confirm it on here, up to some rules, which i did not know.

I will take the blame, sorry guys/gals.

#48 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-26, 15:35

45 - 72 for Jec's team. We could have done better, but it was a good game nonetheless. Funnily our opps at table 2 were timo and harmon :)

#49 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2013-October-26, 15:41

Thanks for the match today, we finished -27, which does not seem to bad, taking into account that we were -46 after the first 5 boards. For me personally the key board was board 9 in the match.

I did the 4, hoping to put pressure on the opps, because now N doesnt know, if we can make 4, is 5 a good defense and so on.
Under the pressure North bid 5, which assured we got a + score. After some mistakes by both sides it went down 3 for +500 for us.
At the other table. S bid X and W bid 2, with their hand and played there for -1, giving our team 12 imps.
This seemed like the turning point and gave us(at least me :D) some psychological comfort

#50 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2013-October-26, 16:45

I found board 23 where a combined 26 count produces a cold grand slam.
Neither team made it past 5m

I was happy with the start of the auction, but 5D was a lazy bid. I really should have bid 4 instead.
Alderaan delenda est

#51 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2013-October-26, 18:03

To be honest this was an awful match for both sides. I just checked all the boards, there were only 2 good moves during the entire match and both were made by our opponents Richard-Diana imo.

Diana made a bid that we all discuss now and then on forums. She knew Harmon would jump on bait in a competitive auction and that he would save, so she blasted a slam which she knew she is very unlikely to make but just to push us to a save. Harmon fulfilled her wishes.

+11 imps to BBF

Other one was defense by Richard when we played this hand;

Richard found the good defense and switched to clubs after ruffing diamond, i could not make it anymore. Jimmy at the other table played a spade instead, huge swing, +12 imps to BBF.

BBF also won another 12 imps due to a misunderstanding by me and harmon. Which would not be the case if you faced a regular pdship.

Rest of the boards should have gone push mostly, perhaps some to one side and some other to other side. But that was not what happened. Imps just were falling from sky for us, and neither me and harmon nor Benito and Jimmy did anything special to get them. All were given to us as xmass gifts. I mean...if you take swings like that from JEC team by their mistake or pushing them to make mistake as diana did, or like the defense i posted by Richard, you should easily be able to rip them off. Going down in cold games, and not bidding slams (which i thought were picnic walk to bid) letting them make impossible games. (4) just blew all the good work. You can not find a JEC team w/o Apron - Moki who would have never saved over Diana's slam when it is wrong and would always save when right. They probably would have stayed out of slam with a misunderstanding auction, where slam was going down as we did, due to 5-0 diamonds etc etc. You can not beat their "luck" Posted Image

My point is, it really did not need much to beat JEC team today. Everything you needed was there, and you guys took them mostly. Rest was as easy as to bid 2 easy slams and i mean they were indeed easy. I saw you guys bid the slam and made with 23 hcp as we also did, but did not bid the ones with 32+ hcp. Easy to defeat 4, easy to bid another slam in the hand Richard posted where grand is cold and JEC team did not bid it. You could even put some milage easily between you and JEC today.

Hopefully next time Posted Image

#52 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2013-October-26, 18:40

Well i think the 2 easy to bid slams were prolly bad judgment or something like that. I know i was afraid of bidding one because of bad spade quality, the other one was also like hmm. But i know we had some problems with slams in a recent tournament where we were loosing lots of match points on mis biding some slams although we did quite reasonable neverthe less. I dont know much about the game at the start because that was my pards doing, not mine and im not responsible for that.

#53 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-26, 19:04

View Postphoenix214, on 2013-October-26, 18:40, said:

Well i think the 2 easy to bid slams were prolly bad judgment or something like that. I know i was afraid of bidding one because of bad spade quality, the other one was also like hmm. But i know we had some problems with slams in a recent tournament where we were loosing lots of match points on mis biding some slams although we did quite reasonable neverthe less. I dont know much about the game at the start because that was my pards doing, not mine and im not responsible for that.

Timo's comments are constructive, not really about responsibility. We could have won this match or at least be much closer had we bid all biddable slams (by that I mean reasonable, not borderline or any freakish decisions) and made all makeable games. Anyway if you look at past team matches, missing slams was often a big problem for BBF teams, and misplaying cold contracts cost us way too often as well.

#54 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2013-October-27, 05:49

View Postphoenix214, on 2013-October-26, 18:40, said:

Yes, sorry if i sounded like pointing fingers. I said what i said because i saw that as a team you were capable of winning this match. Never the less, not doing silly things and trying to play your best game and discipline after falling behind 45 imps in first 5 boards alone deserves respect :)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users