BBO Discussion Forums: Version 1.47w - please post feedback and suggestions here - BBO Discussion Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 1.47w - please post feedback and suggestions here

#61 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-14, 13:00

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-April-14, 03:11, said:

Click or tap the message and it will go away right away, you don't have to wait until it fades.

Thanks, I had not thought to try it
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#62 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-April-14, 13:02

View Postbarmar, on 2014-April-14, 09:13, said:

That's true in the web version, are you sure it also works in mobile?

I usually use mobile in potrait mode, and the message doesn't cover the cards, it just covers the buttons at the top.

The messages about loading hands and switching positions aren't specific to the moble version, they're also in the web version. I made the same suggestion to Fred and Uday last week that the "switching" message is pretty useless and tiresome to anyone who has played in more than a handful of robot tournaments.

The fetching hands message is even more futile, as the hands are always already fetched at the point that the message appears
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#63 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-14, 13:35

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-April-14, 13:02, said:

The fetching hands message is even more futile, as the hands are always already fetched at the point that the message appears

For me the message always appears before the hands are dealt, but my net is sluggish.

#64 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-April-15, 00:48

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-April-14, 13:00, said:

Drag the bottom border back up to about a third of the way up the screen, and the chat reappears on the bottom

Now that would have been a useful message to display.
Thanks for the tip.

#65 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-15, 09:35

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-April-14, 13:02, said:

It depends on how fast the server is. It displays that message when it sends the request for hands to the server. If the server is fast, the hands may arrive while you're still reading the message. But if the server is sluggish, there could be a delay, and this message explains what's going on. It's a "just in case" message.

Instant Tournaments are different in this regard from ordinary tournaments or MBC hands. In the latter cases, the server creates the hands ahead of time, and it always has a pool of hands ready to hand out, so there's never any delay to warn about. But with Instant Tournaments, it has to perform a database search to find an old tournament that you didn't play in, and this could take a few seconds depending on the load on the database and the network.

#66 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-April-15, 23:54

Turning the mouse pointer into an hourglass may be less intrusive? That is the industry standard method of advising the user to wait.

Really making a mountain out of a molehill. Not that big a deal. But all of these messages have one thing in common: They have some benefit to the new user but after you have seen the same message half a dozen times, that is enough.

#67 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-19, 02:13

I can't find the team matches lists at bbo client,hoping it can be seen,just like bbo old windows programm.

#68 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-19, 20:05

Click on "List All Tables" then "Team Matches"

#69 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-08, 02:54

Now I know I can creat scheduled team matches with blank tables in advance at bbo,but the problems are others players are competing for a seat while TM for some appointed players,so hoping that I can creat scheduled TM inside my club.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users