Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound choices

#1 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-August-30, 16:17

Could we have choices as to what sounds we hear and what we don't? I hate hearing the thwuff sound every time a card is played, but if I turn it off I also don't get the alert sound for private chats or, when playing, the "it's your turn" alert.

So if we could at least turn off the card-played sound alone, that would make things much more pleasant.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2013-September-01, 03:02

I think I have started about 3 threads asking for this over the years, but maybe the BBO powers that be just hate me and will be more willing to listen to you, good luck!

(Also I would like at least the option of a more noticable sound when a new conversation is started.)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-01, 08:40

View Postmgoetze, on 2013-September-01, 03:02, said:

I think I have started about 3 threads asking for this over the years, but maybe the BBO powers that be just hate me and will be more willing to listen to you, good luck!

We can but hope! I missed your threads and didn't mean to repeat, but maybe it'll do some good after all. :)
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-September-02, 17:21

In general, we try to avoid adding preference options unless they're really needed.

#5 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2013-September-03, 00:55

View Postbarmar, on 2013-September-02, 17:21, said:

In general, we try to avoid adding preference options unless they're really needed.

OK, how about you just eliminate the "card played" sound entirely and keep all the others? I bet more people would be happy with that than with the current options.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#6 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-03, 01:03

View Postmgoetze, on 2013-September-03, 00:55, said:

OK, how about you just eliminate the "card played" sound entirely and keep all the others? I bet more people would be happy with that than with the current options.

THIS.

#7 User is offline   psyck 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Reading, Music, Travelling, Movies.

Posted 2014-May-22, 08:28

If adding additional Sound options is not an option, at the very least removing the sound for cards played would be HUGH improvement.
Cheers, Krishna.

#8 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-22, 09:49

I don't often just "+1", but I'm going to here. I always turn off the sound because after at most one hand the card noise has got to "shoot the computer" level. But of course that means I don't get *any* alerts on *anything*.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users