BBO Discussion Forums: Flash Player woes with BBO. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flash Player woes with BBO. Uninstalled/Reinstalled - still no go!

#1 User is offline   RR3MUS 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-July-26, 14:51

The problem arose after I followed online advice to disable all add-ons and then enable necessary ones [to resolve a slow browser issue]. Now, although Flash Player 12 is installed [after running adobe uninstaller], I cannot log in to BBO which still says I require Flash Player? Several times I have clicked the BBO 'Get Flash' link to be alerted after the download that Flash Player is already on the hard drive. The same problem arose with Picasa3's creative kit but it now works fine which has me confused. My latest action was 'system restore' and I lack the expertise & confidence to undertake any further action so, for now, I don't have access to BBO. Any and all advice welcomed - I sorely need the practice......LOL! Thankyou, Ray.

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-July-26, 18:10

Are you actually running the Flash installer? Merely downloading it is not enough.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-July-27, 02:28

Try another browser (Chrome, Firefox are free).

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-29, 09:58

There is no Flash Player 12, the current version is 11.8 for Windows, Mac, and Linux+Chrome, and 11.2 for Linux with other browsers.

#5 User is offline   rahje 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-July-29, 14:15

View PostRR3MUS, on 2013-July-26, 14:51, said:

The problem arose after I followed online advice to disable all add-ons and then enable necessary ones [to resolve a slow browser issue]. Now, although Flash Player 12 is installed [after running adobe uninstaller], I cannot log in to BBO which still says I require Flash Player? Several times I have clicked the BBO 'Get Flash' link to be alerted after the download that Flash Player is already on the hard drive. The same problem arose with Picasa3's creative kit but it now works fine which has me confused. My latest action was 'system restore' and I lack the expertise & confidence to undertake any further action so, for now, I don't have access to BBO. Any and all advice welcomed - I sorely need the practice......LOL! Thankyou, Ray.

same issues

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-29, 14:22

I'm just guessing, because I'm not a Windows expert, but it sounds to me like you have Flash installed, but still have the extension disabled from when you were disabling extensions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users