• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Team Dual Meet Invitations

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-July-15, 05:04

We come from the mainland of China,members of (BBO) China Bridge Club.And from now on, we are trying team challenge match every day .
Here our latest brochure for your perusal.

*Team name:
1- Sniper Team
2- Seal Team

*Skill:
Intermediate or advanced skill

*Bidding system:
Modern 2/1,5542 style,opening 1C promise two cards only,but 1D is 4 cards.

*Signals:
Udca with o/e,lead 2/4 Vs NT,Lead 3/5 Vs suit.

*Promises:
All my memvers promise to obey the rules of BBO,especially alert special bids by BBO bridge English.
If you can find my member who break the rule,don't be angry,tell me.

*Match Time:
As you know here it is EMT 8+,pardon,I don't know how to show my time rightly.
For us,the best time is from 20.00 to 23.30 (Beijing time).

*Match boards:
I think 25-28 boards is a playable option,orelse unfair play if less than it.

*TD username:
lycier
ilovebbo (sometimes)

If you are interested in the team match ,here register for our match and give me your teammates list.

*Registration form suggested at BBF:

Team name :
Team captain :
Teammates list :
Basic membership profile :skill, bidding system,lead and signals etc .
Nationality :optional
Team match time :

*Note :
1- It is not only for fun ! And have a satisfied cooperation with you.
2- While you would like to join our team match to which players of a certain level have been invited ,please maintain a pleasant atmosphere.
3- The only acceptable time to ask for an undo is when you have misclicked. If you make a poor bid or play or for any other reason, it is inappropriate to ask for an undo.
4- So you wanna to play against our match teames if agreed,please tell me in advance at BBF.I think BBO Forum is a best style.

Good Luck To All

Best Regards

lycier
(BBO) China Bridge Club
(BBO) Chinese Forum

#2 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-19, 12:14

View Postlycier, on 2013-July-15, 05:04, said:

We come from the mainland of China,members of (BBO) China Bridge Club.And from now on, we are trying team challenge match every day .
Here our latest brochure for your perusal.

*Team name:
1- Sniper Team
2- Seal Team

*Skill:
Intermediate or advanced skill

*Bidding system:
Modern 2/1,5542 style,opening 1C promise two cards only,but 1D is 4 cards.

*Signals:
Udca with o/e,lead 2/4 Vs NT,Lead 3/5 Vs suit.

*Promises:
All my memvers promise to obey the rules of BBO,especially alert special bids by BBO bridge English.
If you can find my member who break the rule,don't be angry,tell me.

*Match Time:
As you know here it is EMT 8+,pardon,I don't know how to show my time rightly.
For us,the best time is from 20.00 to 23.30 (Beijing time).

*Match boards:
I think 25-28 boards is a playable option,orelse unfair play if less than it.

*TD username:
lycier
ilovebbo (sometimes)

If you are interested in the team match ,here register for our match and give me your teammates list.

*Registration form suggested at BBF:

Team name :
Team captain :
Teammates list :
Basic membership profile :skill, bidding system,lead and signals etc .
Nationality :optional
Team match time :

*Note :
1- It is not only for fun ! And have a satisfied cooperation with you.
2- While you would like to join our team match to which players of a certain level have been invited ,please maintain a pleasant atmosphere.
3- The only acceptable time to ask for an undo is when you have misclicked. If you make a poor bid or play or for any other reason, it is inappropriate to ask for an undo.
4- So you wanna to play against our match teames if agreed,please tell me in advance at BBF.I think BBO Forum is a best style.

Good Luck To All

Best Regards

lycier
(BBO) China Bridge Club
(BBO) Chinese Forum

Hi I am looking to see what interest there might be in IAC to make up a team or teams to participate. It may take a little while, I'll keep in touch as to how it's going.

#3 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-19, 13:07

View Postonoway, on 2013-July-19, 12:14, said:

Hi I am looking to see what interest there might be in IAC to make up a team or teams to participate. It may take a little while, I'll keep in touch as to how it's going.

Hi:

very good,I fear the time difference is one of the biggest obstacles to our matches, how to solve?
We can expect to have to live with almost permanent jet lag.
I honestly hope both of us can cooperate happily.

Thank you,and again.
Best Regards

lycier

#4 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2013-July-19, 18:01

Onoway, I'm often up late and I'd like to play in your team. I'm nige1 on BBO. (BBO 2/1, Acol, or anything else with an appropriate system-card).

#5 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-20, 03:06

View Postonoway, on 2013-July-19, 12:14, said:

I think it is best that we can hold War Game between CBC and IAC in advance,and then we decide how many teams to join.each 10 match teams respectively I guess,how about?

#6 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-20, 17:44

View Postlycier, on 2013-July-20, 03:06, said:

I think it is best that we can hold War Game between CBC and IAC in advance,and then we decide how many teams to join.each 10 match teams respectively I guess,how about?

Hang on I don't know yet how many IAC people are interested/able to play so can't make any plans until I hear from people. I'm not sure at all we will be able to get 10 teams who are able to play at the times you can play,it will take some time to sort out. Maybe you should say just when your teams can play so we know what times we have to work with?

#7 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-20, 17:54

View Postnige1, on 2013-July-19, 18:01, said:

Onoway, I'm often up late and I'd like to play in your team. I'm nige1 on BBO. (BBO 2/1, Acol, or anything else with an appropriate system-card).

Hi Nige I'd be happy to include you but you don't seem to be a member of IAC at the moment and since this is being shaped up as IAC vs CBC that's a bit of a problem. If you like I can let you know how things are shaping up and then you can decide if you would like to join, it's free of course.

#8 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-July-20, 20:25

Beijing = UTC +8
USEDT = UTC-4
USEST = UTC-5
British Summer Time = UTC+1

Feel Free to quote this and add time zones if that helps.

#9 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-20, 21:54

Today we decide to hold War Game friendship match : IAC Vs CBC

Match Time:
BeijingTime: 21.00 tonight
NY Time: 11 am

I hope this is the good beginning of our cooperation.Cooperate happily for ever.
Thank Pamela,and thank IAC.

#10 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-21, 11:42

congratulate IAC !

The results of "War Game: CBC Vs IAC" :16:55 imp,winner is IAC team .

#11 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-22, 10:45

View Postlycier, on 2013-July-21, 11:42, said:

congratulate IAC !

The results of "War Game: CBC Vs IAC" :16:55 imp,winner is IAC team .

Thanks Lycier and the China Bridge Club for an enjoyable and polite match.

I believe we agreed that the next match next Sunday will be a slightly earlier time: at 9 AM NY time, which would be Sunday 9 pm (21:00) your time, if the World clock is correct. I will see how many members will be available so early, we may need to make it a little later in future, but can try for that time next Sunday.

I was also wondering if it might be possible to reverse the time sometime and have the match some day at 9 pm (21:00) NY time =9AM your time, for perhaps a second weekly match? That would allow more of our members to participate.

#12 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-28, 10:56

All right,I agree with your proposal.I hope we have a cordial working relationship.

#13 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-28, 11:01

I can be glad to tell everyone that our matches went very smoothly at the moment .
Thanks to IAC !

#14 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-July-28, 19:43

#7137 Teams IAC vs China
The result:
IAC: 23imps
CBC:72imps
winner:CBC

#15 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-28, 21:46

Congratulations China club I think we are now even so I'm not going to keep on keeping score in this forum. I notify IAC of the results and I assume you notify the China club and I also assume nobody else cares very much :).

#16 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-August-04, 19:04

Yesterday we held IAC Vs China match twice at 21.00 PM and 6.30 AM NY.
Today we will hold China Vs IAC match at Sunday 9.00 AM,NY.
Many thanks to IAC,especially to onoway for his progmatic cooperation.

#17 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-17, 19:35

I am very sorry to see the China - IAC team matches come to an end. I cannot tell a member of good standing in IAC that he or she cannot play for the club in any event because of their nationality. Since this is not acceptable to the administrator of the China Club who pulled his team out of the matches in protest, the matches are unfortunately discontinued.

Thank you to the people who played, the matches were enjoyed.

#18 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-August-20, 00:13

View Postonoway, on 2013-August-17, 19:35, said:

I am very sorry to see the China - IAC team matches come to an end. I cannot tell a member of good standing in IAC that he or she cannot play for the club in any event because of their nationality. Since this is not acceptable to the administrator of the China Club who pulled his team out of the matches in protest, the matches are unfortunately discontinued.

Thank you to the people who played, the matches were enjoyed.

PAM, I think that you are fabricating facts.
1- According to our engagement, both of your IAC and my CBC agreed twice matches a week, right? this is our regular schedule of match play,right?
2- But we really don't understand is that Do you want to cancel the game unilaterally ! the reason is that you had played tm against a chinese player who come from your club,so you wanna to cancel our match due to twice matches of your schedule of week play.I must tell you that your IAC can play TM against any one or any clubs, whatever how many times played,that is your rights.it is absolutely nothing to do with us.

In the other word,you can't cancel our match at your will due to your match played against others.
This is the truth of the fact for what I said.

There is an English proverb which says “Honesty is the best policy.” It signifies the importance of honesty.There is no enumerating the evils of dishonesty here. In a word, a dishonest man will be looked down upon by others and regarded as a public enemy.
Pam,pardon,both of you and me used to be friends, we are reduced to running into serious troubles as today's results, it was a pathetic world .Such a unfriendly reply,your behaviour is real damage to both clubs.

Remember that silence is golden.

#19 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-28, 16:00

View Postlycier, on 2013-August-20, 00:13, said:

PAM, I think that you are fabricating facts.
1- According to our engagement, both of your IAC and my CBC agreed twice matches a week, right? this is our regular schedule of match play,right?
2- But we really don't understand is that Do you want to cancel the game unilaterally ! the reason is that you had played tm against a chinese player who come from your club,so you wanna to cancel our match due to twice matches of your schedule of week play.I must tell you that your IAC can play TM against any one or any clubs, whatever how many times played,that is your rights.it is absolutely nothing to do with us.

In the other word,you can't cancel our match at your will due to your match played against others.
This is the truth of the fact for what I said.

There is an English proverb which says “Honesty is the best policy.” It signifies the importance of honesty.There is no enumerating the evils of dishonesty here. In a word, a dishonest man will be looked down upon by others and regarded as a public enemy.
Pam,pardon,both of you and me used to be friends, we are reduced to running into serious troubles as today's results, it was a pathetic world .Such a unfriendly reply,your behaviour is real damage to both clubs.

Remember that silence is golden.

Lycier; the facts are: We had teams ready to play and as soon as you heard one of our players was Chinese, you first got angry and said among other things that I had betrayed our agreement and so it was over and then you declined to even talk to me much less give me the names of the players for China.

I got another member of IAC who speaks Chinese to explain to you in case there was a misunderstanding but that didn't appear to get through either.

I even asked one of the players who had played regularly for China if he knew who was supposed to play the match and all he could say was that you were the leader of the China club.

We waited until 20 minutes past the start time and you actually had logged out, then I called for subs to replace the China team players and we had an IAC team match.

So that left no choice but to accept that you had withdrawn the China club from the competition. This was Saturday night.

However, just in case, my team and I were ready at the agreed time on Sunday morning, the China club team - including you - was nowhere to be found, so again I got an team of IAC subs to make up a match so that the players who had come to IAC to play the China club had not got up at some ungodly hour to come play and then not get a game.

How you can try to make this into ME quitting the match is incomprehensible.

The facts are, when you heard that a Chinese player was playing for IAC, you threw a tantrum and withdrew. A further fact is, if a member of IAC wishes to play for the club, there is absolutely no way I am going to say he or she can't because of their nationality. That is not only absurd but probably illegal where I live.

If you don't remember it going down like this, I log all my chat and can refresh your memory.

lycier (Lobby): You have no good faith, I will be terminated with your activities.very very saddness
>lycier: do you have your players here or not?
->dvd: do you have players here? Lycier is being weird because I told him that tomorrow a player for IAC happens to be chinese
thornbury (Lobby): are we starting soon?
->dvd: so now he isn't talking to me
->thornbury: trying to find out what is going on with the chinese team
->dvd: if the chinese team wishes to play then I need to have names now, my players are all waiting and ready
dvd (Lobby): oh£¬lycier is my club leader£¬you can ask him£¬ I have know nothing about that¡£ sorr

And then you logged out.

#20 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2013-August-28, 17:02

When I told you that" you mean that you cancel our match? you said to me "Yes",so I was angry.
however I know that there was some misunderstandings on the language now.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users