• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Orient Bidding system How one can open 1N with void or voids

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-11, 05:13

mojila, on 2016-May-11, 04:58, said:

Those who say First bid shows only points are wrong. Opening bid is working points+Distribution

Showing only points and showing only Milton Work points are not necessarily the same thing. The opening shows only a measure of general strength without any indication as to shape. This is the point being made.

I am not sure where the reference to Big Bang comes in. As far as I remember that is a natural-ish 2/1 system with a few bels and whistles, not related to the Orient system at all. Modern systems tend to emphasise showing shape even where they use a strict strength division such as with Precision. The point here is that strength-showing calls tend to provide some purpose within the overall system to make the shape-showing more efficient, rather than the strength-showing being the primary purpose.

This is basically where Orient goes wrong and it makes for an inefficient and non-homogenous system. I agree that there is nothing wrong in trying to find a better system, I do this myself. I just do not believe that the Orient system is the right direction for making serious improvements on where bidding theory currently stands.
(-: Zel :-)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users