BBO Discussion Forums: Adding an alias list in a private tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adding an alias list in a private tournament not available in web version?

#1 User is offline   NillaO 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-June-09, 01:50

Hi,

I am a TD for VIKINGARNA that is a private tournament takes place on Sunday mornings in Sweden. We are about 450 members, and in the old version of BBO you can add an alias list. So far so good! But yesterday I could not log in with the old version of BBO, and in the new version you have to enter each alias, letter by letter... How come that feature, adding an alias list, is not yet implemented in the new version??? Tell me how to deal with this? How do I log in with the old version, that is not working now? And when will you implement this function in the new version?

NillaO

#2 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-June-19, 14:59

This is really an important issue. We would have the same problem at BBO-Germany if one day the old Windows client does not work. There should be some way to upload a list of names in the Flash client.

Karl

#3 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-June-20, 10:36

We might have something. Georgi will look. If we don't we will write one. we have something similar for one of the tourney groups, and we will generalize it.

u

#4 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-20, 14:50

View Postuday, on 2013-June-20, 10:36, said:

We might have something. Georgi will look. If we don't we will write one. we have something similar for one of the tourney groups, and we will generalize it.

u

This would be very good.
I currently use a file of several hundred players from my computer to restrict registration to my tourneys.
(A file which I share with other Hosts in our team.)
The inability to access that file using the new version is a major block against moving on.

jandrew

#5 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-17, 10:30

Bump.

I wonder if there is any progress on this issue ?

#6 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-09, 15:28

I currently use a file of several hundred players from my computer to restrict registration to my tourneys.
(A file which I share with other Hosts in our team.)
The inability to access that file using the new version is a major block against moving on.

The time will come that newly joined players will not be able to create our tournaments because they will not be able to use a long pre-prepared list of members.

I suppose that the only way then to share a list will be to create a private club - if only for those tournaments.

#7 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-11, 08:52

View Postjandrew, on 2013-November-09, 15:28, said:

I suppose that the only way then to share a list will be to create a private club - if only for those tournaments.

I may be mistaken but I vaguely recall a statement from BBO that they were not going to permit the creation of new private clubs, as from some while ago.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#8 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-11, 11:30

View Post1eyedjack, on 2013-November-11, 08:52, said:

I may be mistaken but I vaguely recall a statement from BBO that they were not going to permit the creation of new private clubs, as from some while ago.

I also recall such a statement and would not expect to promote a private club for general club play.

Tournament Hosts, who use the new browser-based BBO software, can not access a pre-prepared list which is shared with other Hosts (like a list on the Hosts's computer).

However, it seems to me that a private club could be used to provide a shared "Members' List" for tournaments with a standard restrictive feature (eg - language, country of origin, bidding system).

I seems to me that several of the current private clubs are used to restrict registration to their tournaments in a way which suits the general purpose of their tournaments.

The browser-based software already allows registration to be restricted to the Host's language or country or by a player's level. However these are self-determined by (and can be easily altered by) a player.

I envisage a restriction on the basis of the player's bidding system - this is not available as a filter. A pre-prepared list shared by all Hosts running such a set of tournaments can very easily be managed through a private club. It would also be a welcome feature that applications to join such a club could be tested easily against the tournament restrictions.

Of course, if the browser-based software could be updated to allow access to a list of members on the Host's computer (like the windows software) then this discussion terminates.

#9 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-05, 03:08

View Postuday, on 2013-June-20, 10:36, said:

u

I wonder if anything happened about this?
It would be really good to have access to a self-created file ("file on my computer") to emulate what was available under the windows software.
jandrew

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users