BBO Discussion Forums: Strong Club Systems in LA (or Online) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strong Club Systems in LA (or Online) looking for big club players of all stripes

#1 User is offline   biggerclub 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-May-27, 13:28

I live in LA and am looking for a regular live partner who either is, or wants to get, good enough to compete at the very highest levels. When it comes to bidding, I am a very theoretical, book-educated player who regularly tries to "get in the head" of my partner during an auction -- asking myself, "what will partner think this bid means" rather than saying to myself "this bid means x, always, completely, no argument allowed."

I strongly prefer using 1 club as the strong opening, but am open to a variety of systems after that.

If you want to learn to play or practice playing precision or other strong club systems, I am available online.

Send me a private message on BBO or reply to this thread.

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-27, 23:55

I might be interested. I'm usually online roughly 7PM-12PM EST. Played many varities from vanilla Wei to Berkowitz with transfer positives to Polish, MOSCITO, etc.

#3 User is offline   biggerclub 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-06, 08:35

Bump.

Handling limited openings with 4 card majors at matchpoints came up on another thread. Which caused me to remember, Canape.

Still looking for live, LA Area partner with serious ambitions.

#4 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-07, 01:05

While I don't live anywhere close to LA (sorry mate), I am interested in playing some sort of Precision, and I do have grand ambitions.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users