BBO Discussion Forums: CALL TO ARMS 5/25 2pm eastern - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CALL TO ARMS 5/25 2pm eastern and lets argue how we pick a team:)))

#21 User is offline   c_corgi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-May-22, 07:19

View Postgszes, on 2013-May-22, 06:32, said:

LET"S be honest we are hung up on a part of a system that could have only been used ONCE in the entire time
JEC has been letting the posters play. Ignoring the majority opinion BTW is meaningless if we do not have
ANY volunteers to play...

When an ideal pair volunteered to play they were told, on the basis of this system or ideology, that they would only be used as a last resort. That is why we are hung up on it. It might also be a contributing factor to the subsequent lack of volunteers. The majority opinion is that a system which creates such a ridiculous situation should not be used.

#22 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-22, 18:35

View Postc_corgi, on 2013-May-22, 07:19, said:

When an ideal pair volunteered to play they were told, on the basis of this system or ideology, that they would only be used as a last resort. That is why we are hung up on it. It might also be a contributing factor to the subsequent lack of volunteers. The majority opinion is that a system which creates such a ridiculous situation should not be used.

ok good PASSION thats a start now for the brass tacks--WHAT exact measure should be used any given
week to choose the player that are to represent BBO FORUM POSTERS--I made up a system and if
everyone hates it great we still need a concrete method of decision making. What would happen if
ackk too many players suddenly volunteered? On what basis should the team be chosen first come
first served? most masterpoints? most popular? A vote (what qualifications does one need to vote)? a playoff?

Mgoetze had a ton of problems getting volunteers and he was upset at many times having to field advanced
players---I have no such problem. The experience of playing JEC is great I have made ten new bridge friends
since I played in the match we won and still play casually sometimes with my p from that match. We are in
a unique situation where posters get some extra exposure to some top notch competition and we don't have
to travel the world to do so. Let's try to enjoy it while we can and give everyone a fair chance.

#23 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-22, 18:42

View PostTylerE, on 2013-May-22, 06:25, said:

One my of my main partners is about 90% available to play with me on Sat. So pencil in TylerE-TheArb I guess?

It's wed night and unless we have some further objection the foursome for this match looks like
gszeszycki/Abcxl TylerE/TheArb. My plan is to turn this lineup in around 10am eastern tomorrow.

According to the system I set up we are in first come first served and the system no longer matters
so anyone that wishes to step forward at this late date will have to convince the pairs chosen to let
them take their place. JEC is very understanding about last minute changes to our lineup and they
are ok with us bringing new players at the half way point. Keep this in mind if a pair still wishes to
play we can probably arrange for my p and I to leave after the 14th board (my p is aware that posters
have priority for this match).

#24 User is offline   thearb 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-May-23, 03:08

View Postgszes, on 2013-May-22, 18:42, said:

It's wed night and unless we have some further objection the foursome for this match looks like
gszeszycki/Abcxl TylerE/TheArb. My plan is to turn this lineup in around 10am eastern tomorrow.

According to the system I set up we are in first come first served and the system no longer matters
so anyone that wishes to step forward at this late date will have to convince the pairs chosen to let
them take their place. JEC is very understanding about last minute changes to our lineup and they
are ok with us bringing new players at the half way point. Keep this in mind if a pair still wishes to
play we can probably arrange for my p and I to leave after the 14th board (my p is aware that posters
have priority for this match).

I can confirm my availability for this match now 100%. Thank you for the opportunity. Obviously I am not a regular poster and do not mind stepping aside at short notice if someone else more eligible becomes available,

best

#25 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-23, 03:09

Welcome to the forums - and good luck!
(-: Zel :-)

#26 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2013-May-26, 02:35

What was the result?
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#27 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-26, 16:26

i forgot the exact score, but it was like 105-70ish. 1st half was quite close, 2nd we gave some up.

#28 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-27, 09:07

Score was 105-45.

There were a couple of unlucky boards. Eg, slam on one of two finesses, both wrong.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users