BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Mobile App Version 3.60 Comments Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Mobile App Version 3.60 Comments Thread Please post feedback here

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-April-09, 13:56

Version 3.60 of the BBO mobile app is now available for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. You can find out more about version 3.60 here:

Click for more information

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or bug reports. Every post in this thread will be read by at least one BBO staff member, but we may not respond to every post that is made.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#2 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-April-09, 14:58

Simply awesome!!!

Reviewing played-hands on your iPad/android tablet is what sofas were invented for!!!

Thanks to the 3.60 update my sofa (and iPad) get a serious upgrade in value. Hoping my bridge improves, too Posted Image

Alan

#3 User is offline   yleexotee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-April-09, 22:13

Can you turn off the notification of when friends log in. I could not find this option on the previous version?

#4 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-10, 06:10

Hi BBO :

I have translated fred's thread into chinese and posted it.Now we appreciate BBO to solve a problem of some chinese Android users at first.

So far, according to my investigation, the result is like this:
1 -We hope that BBO appear Chinese version mobile applications.
2 -We need BBO to support 2G/ 3G and wifi network, and most of our chinese app users mainly like 2G network and the wifi. The advantage of the former is only for saving money,the latter can be free.
Remember this is the most important for our chinese at present.Wish the BBO prosperity !

Best Regards

lycier

Chinese Forum

#5 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-10, 11:39

View Postyleexotee, on 2013-April-09, 22:13, said:

Can you turn off the notification of when friends log in. I could not find this option on the previous version?

I will include an option for both this and for the notifications that appear when a vugraph match starts in the next version. Sorry but I currently have no idea as to when the next version will be released.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#6 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2013-April-16, 06:17

I found a bug on my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1.1). I went to vugraph, clicked on Chat and tried to cancel the chat. The chat window remained visible, while it was no longer active. However, I was able to press other buttons behind the chat popup, although I couldn't see them.

Posted Image
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#7 User is offline   sjcros 

• Pip

Posted 2013-April-16, 14:20

I would like to find a way to make it forget my password in between logins. Is there a way for the user to do it, or would this require a change to software? It's just a security concern.

#8 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-16, 19:34

View PostFree, on 2013-April-16, 06:17, said:

I found a bug on my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1.1). I went to vugraph, clicked on Chat and tried to cancel the chat. The chat window remained visible, while it was no longer active. However, I was able to press other buttons behind the chat popup, although I couldn't see them.

Thanks for the report and the picture. So far I have been unable to replicate this bug.

If/when convenient can you please try to do some experimenting and let me know if you learn anything. Feel free to use e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) instead of posting here.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#9 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-16, 19:38

View Postsjcros, on 2013-April-16, 14:20, said:

I would like to find a way to make it forget my password in between logins. Is there a way for the user to do it, or would this require a change to software? It's just a security concern.

There is no way to do it through the BBO app itself. It is probably possible for you clear the settings of any given app running on your mobile device. That would solve the problem you describe, but it would also wipe out any non-default settings you have selected for the BBO app.

So far you are the first person to ask about this. If I receive additional requests I will consider adding a way to do this in the app itself (and yes that would require a software change).

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#10 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-April-17, 08:48

View Postfred, on 2013-April-16, 19:38, said:

There is no way to do it through the BBO app itself. It is probably possible for you clear the settings of any given app running on your mobile device. That would solve the problem you describe, but it would also wipe out any non-default settings you have selected for the BBO app.

On Android, go to Settings -> Applications, select BridgeBase, and click on Clear Data.

There doesn't seem to be anything comparable for iOS that I can find by googling.

#11 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2013-April-17, 11:25

View Postfred, on 2013-April-16, 19:34, said:

Thanks for the report and the picture. So far I have been unable to replicate this bug.

If/when convenient can you please try to do some experimenting and let me know if you learn anything. Feel free to use e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) instead of posting here.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

I'm happy to report that I'm also unable to reproduce the bug :)
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#12 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-18, 13:40

Is it possible to use less obtrusive ad software for the log-in anonymously feature?
Thanks!
daniel

#13 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-18, 19:33

While I open a teaching table in China Bridge Club,our chinese Android users can't join.

#14 User is offline   lemeas 

• Pip

Posted 2013-April-20, 22:42

Is there a "Claim / Concede" button hidden somewhere in the Mobile App?

#15 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-21, 00:40

View Postlemeas, on 2013-April-20, 22:42, said:

Is there a "Claim / Concede" button hidden somewhere in the Mobile App?

yes. there is a triangular drop-down arrow the tapping of which opens a context-sensitive menu which includes claim where relevant. It is located just to the right on partner's name (android anyway. I assume same for IOS)
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#16 User is offline   lemeas 

• Pip

Posted 2013-April-22, 01:59

View Post1eyedjack, on 2013-April-21, 00:40, said:

yes. there is a triangular drop-down arrow the tapping of which opens a context-sensitive menu which includes claim where relevant. It is located just to the right on partner's name (android anyway. I assume same for IOS)

This option is not listed under that arrow in IOS. Anyone know where it might be?

#17 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-22, 06:03

View Postlemeas, on 2013-April-22, 01:59, said:

This option is not listed under that arrow in IOS. Anyone know where it might be?

If you are playing with robots there is no Claim option. You can claim only when playing with people.

#18 User is offline   saintski 

• Pip

Posted 2013-April-22, 08:53

I have these annoying ads now since I upgraded. How do I get rid of them?

#19 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-22, 10:02

View Postsaintski, on 2013-April-22, 08:53, said:

I have these annoying ads now since I upgraded. How do I get rid of them?

Login to your account instead of playing anonymously.

#20 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-April-30, 02:52

Since the Android Status bar at the top of the screen is hidden by the BBO app (sigh!), maybe at least the current time could be displayed somewhere.

Karl

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users