BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Mobile App Version 3.41 Comments Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO Mobile App Version 3.41 Comments Thread

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-November-05, 11:51

Version 3.41 of the BBO mobile app is now available for Android devices. Hopefully the iOS (Apple) version will be available within the next week or so. You can find out more about version 3.41 here:

Click for more information

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments. Every post in this thread will be read by at least one BBO staff member, but we may not respond to every post that is made.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#2 User is offline   Nono16 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-November-06, 06:03

Is it possible to start a Teaching Table with the App?

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-06, 08:36

View PostNono16, on 2012-November-06, 06:03, said:

Is it possible to start a Teaching Table with the App?

Not yet - sorry. I am sure it will be possible in some future version, but I am not in a position to predict when that might be.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#4 User is offline   jamegumb 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-November-06, 11:23

As a request, could we please get "autoplay singletons" as an option? Would save me from some of my hamfistedness.

Thank you for doing all this.

#5 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-08, 13:13

View Postjamegumb, on 2012-November-06, 11:23, said:

As a request, could we please get "autoplay singletons" as an option? Would save me from some of my hamfistedness.

Thank you for doing all this.

It will be included in the next version (which most likely won't be released until at least mid-December).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#6 User is offline   zenko 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-09, 08:53

I downloaded 3.41 version last night on my Samsung Android tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich, but for some reason sound is still off (yes I turned it on in options), sound works fine for other web sites so I am pretty sure its a bug of some kind. If it is not a bug but just me being dumb (wich is very unlikely, I tried every possible option) please add some kind of help menu. Lack of sound efects and no wide screen option were the reasons I stayed away from it so far so hopefully it will work.

Also I am thinking about upgrading to Jelly Bean, will the app work with it?

All best,

Daniel

#7 User is offline   jamegumb 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-09, 13:08

View Postfred, on 2012-November-08, 13:13, said:

It will be included in the next version (which most likely won't be released until at least mid-December).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Thank you. Brilliant.

#8 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-10, 10:31

In the iPad app, it seems holding a finger down on the table brings up an "are you sure you want to leave this table" prompt. A bit annoying as I'm used to resting my hand on the screen while thinking -- bad habit, but I don't know if I'm the only one doing so.

#9 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-10, 10:37

I think its a gesture of swiping the app from right to left. Are you doing that? That makes it "go back"
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#10 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-10, 11:23

View Postzenko, on 2012-November-09, 08:53, said:

I downloaded 3.41 version last night on my Samsung Android tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich, but for some reason sound is still off (yes I turned it on in options), sound works fine for other web sites so I am pretty sure its a bug of some kind. If it is not a bug but just me being dumb (wich is very unlikely, I tried every possible option) please add some kind of help menu. Lack of sound efects and no wide screen option were the reasons I stayed away from it so far so hopefully it will work.

Also I am thinking about upgrading to Jelly Bean, will the app work with it?

All best,

Daniel

There aren't very many sound effects. Try "play anonymously" from the main menu. You should hear a sound effect whenever it is your turn to bid or play.

It is hard for me to make any promises since there are so many Android devices, possible configurations, and versions of Android, but I am guessing that it is very unlkely that you will have any problems with our app if you upgrade to Jelly Bean.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#11 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-10, 11:32

View PostRain, on 2012-November-10, 10:37, said:

I think its a gesture of swiping the app from right to left. Are you doing that? That makes it "go back"
You're right, I checked again, and if I keep my finger motionless it doesn't do that, and when I swipe it does.

#12 User is offline   robovas 

• Pip

Posted 2012-November-11, 07:37

I updated 3.41 on iPad 2, and it is strange. Always starts in landscape mode (even when the device is in portrait mode and other programs accept this orientation), the icons for result, settings and the third one are missing. Until the update it worked very fine.

#13 User is offline   robovas 

• Pip

Posted 2012-November-11, 09:14

View Postrobovas, on 2012-November-11, 07:37, said:

I updated 3.41 on iPad 2, and it is strange. Always starts in landscape mode (even when the device is in portrait mode and other programs accept this orientation), the icons for result, settings and the third one are missing. Until the update it worked very fine.

I rebooted the iPad and the program works fine. It seems it was some garbage inside iPad.

#14 User is offline   KamalK 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-11, 22:30

Fred and Team BBO, thank you very much for this super App and the update from yesterday. Can't thank you enough for this. I am fully mobile now, literally. Playing on BBO is so much fun as it is, only gets better with this. Was traveling and a gent at airport could not believe I was playing bridge LIVE on my IPad. Wow is all he could say, now you can imagine how I must be feeling when using this ....... BIG WOW. :)

Ao taking this opportunity to wish you and Team BBO a very HAPPY DIWALI. May this Festival of Lights bring cheer and happiness to you and your families. Best wishes.

Cheers
"If anything needs to be done *at all*, it needs to be done well"

#15 User is offline   sjcro 

• Pip

Posted 2012-November-12, 08:26

I've been enormously enjoying using BridgeBase on my iPad, but I've just upgraded to 3.41, and the card play has become very slow. I'm using an iPad 3, with the latest version of IOS. I experience the problem while playing anonymously with robots, with card animation turned on. I tried turning the card animation off, but then it becomes much too fast for me. It would be great if you could do something to speed it up, with card animation on, back to way it was before the release.

#16 User is offline   bethny 

• Pip

Posted 2012-November-18, 03:02

I have been hugely enjoying the ipad app, up until the latest version. I considered the previous version to be just about perfect.

All of a sudden, now, my ipad screen is too cluttered, and I see no way to get rid of the items I have no interest in.

I *was* using my ipad to play ACBL robot tournaments. Today, on the last board with a decent score, the playing screen disappeared. I had no idea what had happened. Apparently, the playing screen became covered with another screen, and I saw no way to get it back. The app let me sign up (or so it appeared to me) for another ACBL robot tourney. Then, I started getting messages that the app thought I was away. I wasn’t, and I saw no way to get back to my tournament. So the app disconnected me, and I received no score for my until-then good place in the tournament.

This is very frustrating. You need to find a way to let me *choose* if I want to see message screens, or mail screens. I find these to be not only extraneous, but also a huge interference with my enjoyment of playing on my ipad. In fact, sadly, I don’t think I am willing to risk playing in another tournament on my ipad, because the frustration level in not being able to find my way back to the tournament because of irrelevant-to-me screens and windows, is not something I’m willing to risk again.

Please find a way to allow me to get rid of the clutter!
-

#17 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-18, 09:35

View Postbethny, on 2012-November-18, 03:02, said:

I have been hugely enjoying the ipad app, up until the latest version. I considered the previous version to be just about perfect.

All of a sudden, now, my ipad screen is too cluttered, and I see no way to get rid of the items I have no interest in.

I *was* using my ipad to play ACBL robot tournaments. Today, on the last board with a decent score, the playing screen disappeared. I had no idea what had happened. Apparently, the playing screen became covered with another screen, and I saw no way to get it back. The app let me sign up (or so it appeared to me) for another ACBL robot tourney. Then, I started getting messages that the app thought I was away. I wasn’t, and I saw no way to get back to my tournament. So the app disconnected me, and I received no score for my until-then good place in the tournament.

This is very frustrating. You need to find a way to let me *choose* if I want to see message screens, or mail screens. I find these to be not only extraneous, but also a huge interference with my enjoyment of playing on my ipad. In fact, sadly, I don’t think I am willing to risk playing in another tournament on my ipad, because the frustration level in not being able to find my way back to the tournament because of irrelevant-to-me screens and windows, is not something I’m willing to risk again.

Please find a way to allow me to get rid of the clutter!
-

Other than the addition of mail, I don't think anything you describe is new in this version.

I am fairly sure the new screen you saw was the "results" screen - it has been part of the app since the very first version. There are a couple of ways to get to this screen, but however you got there you can get back to the playing screen via the "back" button in the very top left corner of the app.

Some people find the results screen to be very useful as it allows you to review the boards you played and see what happened at other tables on the same boards.

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but now that you know how to get rid of the results screen should you happen to get yourself there again, hopefully you will be willing to give tournaments on the app another try.

If you want to stop the mail window from popping up when you log in, all I can suggest is that you delete all of your mail and then ask your friends to stop sending you mail messages in the future.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#18 User is offline   bethny 

• Pip

Posted 2012-November-18, 10:03

No, I am positive it was not the results screen that caused the problem. That feature was in previous versions, I really liked it and had no trouble finding the back button.

I think maybe the "clutter" I am objecting to is the chat box on the right of the screen in landscape mode. It takes away from the playing area, and I would like the option to be rid of it.

As I said before, when my in-process tournament disappeared, I was given the option to join a new tournament, and it appeared that I was allowed to do so. Then I started getting messages that BBO thought I was "away," the in-process tournament ended without my completing the last board, *and* the new tournament I thought I had enrolled in did not include me either.

Don't misunderstand me, I think the app is totally fabulous, it's just that I was enjoying it with fewer features. Please consider adding the ability to turn off some features that some might consider extraneous. (For example, the chat screen serves no purpose in a robot tournament).

#19 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-18, 10:24

View Postbethny, on 2012-November-18, 10:03, said:

No, I am positive it was not the results screen that caused the problem. That feature was in previous versions, I really liked it and had no trouble finding the back button.

I think maybe the "clutter" I am objecting to is the chat box on the right of the screen in landscape mode. It takes away from the playing area, and I would like the option to be rid of it.

As I said before, when my in-process tournament disappeared, I was given the option to join a new tournament, and it appeared that I was allowed to do so. Then I started getting messages that BBO thought I was "away," the in-process tournament ended without my completing the last board, *and* the new tournament I thought I had enrolled in did not include me either.

Don't misunderstand me, I think the app is totally fabulous, it's just that I was enjoying it with fewer features. Please consider adding the ability to turn off some features that some might consider extraneous. (For example, the chat screen serves no purpose in a robot tournament).

OK thanks for clarifying. It is possible that you experienced some kind of bug (in which case we will do what we can to identify and fix it in the next version).

Is the BBO user ID you were logged in with at the time "bethny"? If no, please let me know what ID you were using. This will make it easier for me to investigate. Fine to use e-mail to continue this discussion if you prefer. My e-mail address is fred@bridgebase.com.

There is an option for "wide view" that gets rid of the chat screen when you are at a table in landscape mode. In order to access this options (and several others): when you get to a table click the button that looks like a gear and switch "wide view" to "on" in the window that appears. Make sure you are in landscape mode at the time or this option won't be enabled.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#20 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-19, 07:17

We still don't have comparative results when watching vugraph or a teams match. I thought this was coming in the next update.
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users