BBO Discussion Forums: A (rare) grand old time with the bots - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A (rare) grand old time with the bots

#1 User is offline   wuudturner 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-September-05, 06:01

As much as the bots do their very best to screw up our minds, occasionally they tell the truth just enough to keep us coming back. And if you believe them, see what neat things can happen?

In a bot game, I opened 2NT, because while the bots may hang you in a major, they tend not to hang you in a minor suit. 3 as minor suit stayman was a magical bid from the bot, then it showed spade shortness with 4S.

The hands surely have play for 6, but with visions of 7 in mind, a keycard ask seems right. The one key card missing is the heart ace, so we know there are no immediate losers, but how about the queen of trumps? Anyway, I'm still worried about hearts. 5 asks for the trump queen, and now my bot friend bids 5, showing the queen of trumps as well as the spade king.

We can now visualize the North hand. A stiff king, the ace and the queen. I know that I'll get two pitches on the AQ, so as long as partner has no more than 4 hearts I can discard them. Anyway, partner is hardly likely to have 1444 shape and not have tried Stayman looking for a heart fit. More likely, partner is 1345, 1354, or 1255. It matters not, as 7 looks eminently reasonable.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users