• You cannot reply to this topic

after RKCB-5x-5N simulation?

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-17, 13:26

Link to hand

Can the gib not bid 7N here over 5NT? It knows I have AK of hearts and ace of clubs. That's 11 points out of 15-17. If I have any one of the king of spades, jack of hearts or king of clubs, then 7N has 13 top tricks. There isn't even a hand assuming I really am 15-17 where I don't have any of those cards. At worst if I've upgraded something like QJx AKxx xx Axxx or something, 7N is still well over 80%.

Also, the explanation for 5N appears as "Does not" at the end without anything to qualify.
Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-19, 19:23

actually over 5NT see nothing wrong with 7 but should get to 7NT
if 5NT ask for King then AKQJXXX if good enough for 7 since 5NT should show possession of all 5 keycards plus Q

#3 User is offline   Quantumcat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Archery, classical guitar, piano, watercolour painting, programming, french

Posted 2012-August-19, 21:57

I have seen human non-beginners forget to accept a grand slam try with an unshown source of tricks so it's not too unusual - but GIB shouldn't, since he has knowledge of all the possible hands you can have, 99% of which must make a grand? He is probably programmed to robotically (lol) show his number of kings and is not allowed to bid grand if he thinks it is making. If this is true, it is definitely a bug that should be fixed.
I Transfers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users