Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marked Friends not visible

#1 User is offline   qwyz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-August-09, 21:54

Over the past few months I have noticed that I quite frequently am not aware that my P is also online despite the fact that she is a 'marked friend'. Because we were verbally communicating at the time, she assured me that she did indeed sign into BBO as visible (she did not use the invisible sign-in option). When I checked, she did not appear on my 'friends listing' that is set to appear at the top of my lobby listing page. I even wnet thru the alphabetical index to see if she is listed/shows up there (nope)..I rechecked my friends list and she is listed there. This is causing us angst as we have missed each other many times now, despite both being online at the same time. Even our messages to each other do not get to each other at that time but will instead show up the next time either of us log back in. This is now happening with other 'marked friends' also.
This was never a problem until the past few months.
I am using the old download version of BBO.
I am assuming that there has been some sort of change made to the 'marked friends listing'. Can this be changed back or 'fixed'. I like to play with my P but am having trouble finding her when we are both online at the same time and we are needlessly missing out on our agreed upon bridge playing times.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-August-10, 01:24

Do you use any filter for the list of players in lobby? For example, did you select them by country, or language?

#3 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-10, 08:48

While there are limits on the #friends that the windows client can handle ( the web version can handle more ) you have not reached them.

The most likely explanation is that you have somehow filtered the list of people being displayed.

Login, click the OPTIONS button that's just under the list of members, click SELECT MEMBERS TO DISPLAY, select SHOW ALL MEMBERS and work from there to reduce it further ( by, say, not showing enemies/neutrals )

U

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-August-10, 09:01

Would filtering the display also cause chat messages to be turned into email?

#5 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-19, 13:28

Graduate to the web version. Then categorize your friends and select a distinctive color for different types of friends - for example, playing partners, experts, students, etc.

You will then be able to pick them out very quickly.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users