• You cannot reply to this topic

tea and the antioxidants

#1 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2012-August-06, 14:04

well i have managed to significantly reduce my comsumption of soda.

took a long time to acquire a taste for green tea, but white tea tastes good by itself.

one thing i have noticed tho, day-old decaffenated white or green tea smells and tastes nasty.

otherwise i drink iced, up to a day old tea.

i still dont believe the antioxidant stuff, that tea contains more than fruits and vegetables.

that is good, i hate salads (bad habit acquired from growing up where ameba infection is endemic)

but white tea is good, even without sugar.

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#2 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-06, 18:14

babalu1997, on 2012-August-06, 14:04, said:

one thing i have noticed tho, day-old decaffenated white or green tea smells and tastes nasty.

Who would have guessed?

Welcome back, Duchess, you seem to have been in hiding.
Ken

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-August-06, 20:05

babalu1997, on 2012-August-06, 14:04, said:

well i have managed to significantly reduce my comsumption of soda.

took a long time to acquire a taste for green tea, but white tea tastes good by itself.

otherwise i drink iced, up to a day old tea.

i still dont believe the antioxidant stuff, that tea contains more than fruits and vegetables.

that is good, i hate salads (bad habit acquired from growing up where ameba infection is endemic)

but white tea is good, even without sugar.

Try brewing your tea for no more than 15 minutes if you are making a bunch of ice tea, also, don't get too carried away, two normal size tea bags 64 ounces is fine. Refrigerated tea really should last longer than a day.... but I don't drink decaffeinated tea. Not sure what you meant by "I don't believe the antioxidant stuff..." If you want to talk about the antioxidants in tea, and the evidence of benefits of antioxidants in general or in teas specifically, I will be willing to discuss this with you via private messages. I have included a link to a few articles of mine that deal with antioxidants, and I have more on free radical associated injury without testing benefits of antioxidants, so this is an area in which I am experienced. None of my work looked at tea, but I have studied the older literature in the area of dietary and pharmacological antioxidants which might allow me to help you if you have any questions in this area. pubmed link

--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users