BBO Discussion Forums: Suggestions for dealing software/deal analysis - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions for dealing software/deal analysis

#1 User is offline   hirowla 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-July-30, 03:34

Hi,

I'm after suggestions on software my club can use for generating deals, dealing out the generated hands and printing out hand records. The constraints we have are:
  • The dealing machine is a Duplimate, so it must be able to deal with these machines.
  • The number of different packages used must be minimal, or integrate very well together.
  • The software needs to be user friendly and simple, due to the people doing the dealing not being overly computer literate, OR
  • Configurable to make it simple, for the same reason.
  • Given this is potentially an international forum, everything must be in English.

Some nice to haves are:
  • Runs properly on Windows 7 and above, running on XP is a bonus.
  • Doesn't require Administration privileges on the machine.
  • Low cost - it's not a massive club, but it can afford to pay for something worthwhile (it runs 10-12 sessions a week).

We currently use two packages - one to generate the deals and drive the dealing machine (let's call it Package A) and another to generate the hand records (let's call it package B). "A" has lots of bugs, "B" is rather unfriendly and not very configurable (amongst other things).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If people recommend "A" and "B", I'll say what they are - but I'm hoping for suggestions other than these packages, otherwise I wouldn't be asking the question!

Thanks,

Ian

#2 User is offline   daveharty 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, juggling, disc sports, Jane Austen, writing, cosmology, and Mexican food

Posted 2012-July-30, 10:57

http://bridge.thomasoandrews.com/deal/

Don't know anything about how it integrates with Duplimate, but it's really good for dealing hands, doing simulations, etc. And the cost is attractive.
Revised Bridge Personality: 44 43 33 44

Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper

#3 User is offline   SteveMoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Family, Travel, Bridge Tournaments and Writing. Youth Bridge

Posted 2012-July-30, 20:37

We use Dealmaster Pro in Cincinnati and have good results for random deals, hand records, and connections with Duplimate. Do not know about ability to configre deals for specific purposes (claimed by software but no personal experience). Here's the URL:
Dealmaster
Be the partner you want to play with.
Trust demands integrity, balance and collaboration.
District 11
Unit 124
Steve Moese

#4 User is offline   hirowla 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-01, 03:55

Dave, thanks for the suggestion but all it appears to do is generate the deals - none of the other functions required.

Steve, can Dealmaster Pro handling the dealing of the cards with the dealing machine (Dealmaster Pro is package "B" in my original question)? I wasn't aware that it could, which is why we've been using package "A" to handle the dealing?

Thanks,

Ian

#5 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2012-August-01, 06:26

DealmasterPro will generate the hands, give you the print-out AND the files you need to use for the dealing machine. I don't think there is a program that will do all that and THEN deal itself the hands. You'll always need a different program to deal hands with the machine, usually (always?) the program the machine came with.

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users