BBO Discussion Forums: how to stop "Invitation to play" messages - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to stop "Invitation to play" messages

#1 User is offline   mkap 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-July-21, 17:00

After I login to play bridge, I continuously keep getting messages "Invitation to play" by some player who is trying to harass me. How do I stop getting these messages? I can't play with anyone while he is sending these messages. This is harassment. It's as if he has taken over my computer with these messages. Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-July-21, 17:08

Look at his profile and mark him as "Enemy".

#3 User is offline   mkap 

• Pip

Posted 2012-July-21, 17:09

I just did that and marked him as enemy but I still keep getting messages from him. I can't even exit from bridge-base, I have to go to task manager and kill the task to exit otherwise I keep getting messages.

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-July-21, 17:26

While we are waiting for an official answer to your question, let me give you two possible temporary solutions.

The first is to try to log in invisible. You shouldn't get such messages if you can't be seen.
The second is to create a new username, log in with that, and he will have no idea who you are and will not send you the invites.

Hopefully, UDAY or Gerardo will have a solution for you. You can (and should) send an email to abuse at bridgebase dot com and tell them who is doing this to you.

Also, are you using the windows client, or logging in with the Flash Version by going to bridgebase.com and clicking the play bridge link. I think, but am not certain, that the denial of service type attack you are getting only can happen in windows client program, not Flash, but again, I am not certain of that.
--Ben--

#5 User is offline   mkap 

• Pip

Posted 2012-July-21, 17:35

No, I am not using bridgebase.com to play. I have bridge base installed on my windows computer and I play by double-clicking on the icon. It's like someone has gone into a loop and keep sending these messages. I got hundreds of these messages the last few times I tried to play. I have already reported to abuse at bridgebase.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-July-21, 21:08

As Ben says, if you use the bridgebase.com version, marking the player as an enemy will block invitations from him. There is currently no way to block them in the download version, and possibly never will be. So I suggest you switch to the new version.

When you go to bridgebase.com, click on "Download a shortcut". This will install a new icon on your desktop that will take you directly to the new version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users