Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bidding and lead tournaments

#1 User is offline   andreakis 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-July-24, 08:54

I have been thinking on some of the possible ways to improve our game, for me it is very hard sometimes to keep constant focus in card play which is in my opinion the harder part of game.
So I usually stay away from games on BBO. But I think BBO is very good for improving bidding knowledge. So idea is to have something like Main Bridge Club, where you can open your own table,
public tournaments or private tournaments where you can bid with your partner against other players. On the end of the bidding you can make lead, and we go on the second board. There are no scores for it
but if you wish to make analysis of these boards you can. Regarding of skill levels of players I dont have clear idea how to arrange it (if you wish to stay away from this players you can arrange private tournaments).
I dont have solution regarding any other questions yet, so you can cooperate here, and me or somebody else will cooperate with you :)
Thanks!

Andrea Stanković

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:06

Are you suggesting that BBO should add this type of room, or talking about doing this in real-life bridge as well? I want to know if this thread should be moved to the "Suggestions for the Software" forum (and why you didn't post it there in the first place).

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:09

Have you tried bidding room? Have you tried teaching tables and the use of the new deal button after the opening lead?
--Ben--

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:11

Bidding rooms don't provide a way to compare your auction with other players, do they?

#5 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:13

As I read it, the idea is to have a Public Bridge Club (ie either similar to Acol or Relaxed) within BBO where like-minded individuals can meet and practise.
(-: Zel :-)

#6 User is offline   andreakis 

• Pip

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:16

Online, just transfer topic....

#7 User is offline   andreakis 

• Pip

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:17

I didnt know I can compare bidding results, never understood that, I would like to see real players behind every bid with possible explanation, so afterwards we make good base for communication

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2012-July-24, 09:49

No, you can't currently compare bidding results.

I was going to suggest using Vugraph deals at a bidding table (so you could compare with how the champs bid), but that option isn't available, either.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users