#41 User is offline   relaxuma 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-June-08, 10:51

View Postulven, on 2012-June-05, 18:01, said:

Found this:
http://bridge.aucy.com/

A BBO client for Android in beta.
Haven't had time to test really yet, just installed and logged on.

I have just tried this app, it is much smoother than the one from BBO.

According to their Facebook page, seems they are more actively updating as well.
http://www.facebook....ileBridgeOnline

#42 User is offline   IrishToby 

• Pip

Posted 2012-June-08, 12:47

View Postfred, on 2012-June-08, 06:20, said:

Thanks - I am glad you like the app.

There is a button in the top right of the table that looks like a down arrow. If you click it a menu will appear that includes "redeal". Is that what you mean by "have the hand move on at completion?". If no, please clarify.

A lot of people have mentioned that the robots play too quickly as declarer, but I know there are others who like this. I may include an option in a future version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Thanks for the response.

I meant at the end of the play of each trick, the cards disappear very quickly before I have had a chance to absorb the play. I'm sure for many more experienced that is just fine (probably desirable). Would you consider an option to manually rather than automatically move on to the next trick?

Thanks.

#43 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-June-09, 22:04

If you click the triangle, another option is "Review last trick".

#44 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-June-10, 07:11

An easier way to review the last trick is the tap the area in which the numbers of tricks won by NS and EW are displayed.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#45 User is offline   hirowla 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-June-10, 10:04

One thing I found on the Android app - if you click the menu which includes the "Redeal" option, it doesn't always disappear, so it tends to block your view of the table.

Regards,

Ian

#46 User is offline   M_E2447 

• Pip

Posted 2012-June-11, 18:04

Yee haw!!!! Thank you !!!!

#47 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2012-June-19, 05:57

Although this app is in the Amazon app market I still canot download it for geographical reasons. Is there any way to be able to download the .app or .apk without going through one of the markets?

Is the plan to have all fuctions available? Will I be able to bid hands with a partner?

Has BB thought of having a BridgeMaster app?

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#48 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2012-June-19, 06:00

Yes, I would pay a lot of money for a bridgemaster app!
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#49 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-19, 20:19

A landscape orientation would be really useful.

I quite like watching vugraph with voice commentary on my big screen TV which has an Android OS. The flash version is kind of OK, but if there is no mouse or keyboard input for 10 minutes or so it seems to fall-over and I need to re-login. The new BBO App seems more stable and doesn't fall-over, but the lack of a landscape option pushes everything to the left side of the screen barely occupying 25% of the TV screen. It's still watchable, but looks a bit silly.

I haven't tried the bridge.aucy app yet. Does it include the voice commentary on vugraph?
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

#50 User is offline   chebfarid 

• PipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 07:03

A huge thank you for this!
As pointed out by others there is still way to go to arrive at the level of the browser version but what you have done so far is really a great job.
After all we all have been waiting so long for this mobile version, we will wait patiently for every improvement to come in the future :)
Played about 30 hands this morning on my iPad and really enjoyed.

Saluti da Milano
Farid

#51 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 08:08

View Postchebfarid, on 2012-July-01, 07:03, said:

A huge thank you for this!
As pointed out by others there is still way to go to arrive at the level of the browser version but what you have done so far is really a great job.
After all we all have been waiting so long for this mobile version, we will wait patiently for every improvement to come in the future :)
Played about 30 hands this morning on my iPad and really enjoyed.

Saluti da Milano
Farid

Thanks! A new and much more powerful version has been submitted to Apple's app store. Hopefully it will be approved within a week or so.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#52 User is offline   ulven 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Real name: Ulf Nilsson
    Semi-pro player.

Posted 2012-July-01, 16:40

View Postfred, on 2012-July-01, 08:08, said:

Thanks! A new and much more powerful version has been submitted to Apple's app store. Hopefully it will be approved within a week or so.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

And Android?
"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
- R. Buckminster Fuller

#53 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 20:13

View Postulven, on 2012-July-01, 16:40, said:

And Android?

The next Android release will be (essentially) identical to the next iOS release. That rates to continue.

Google approves apps almost immediately, but Apple takes about a week to do so. We will submit the Android version as soon as the iOS version is approved by Apple. It makes our lives easier if both the iOS and Android versions are made available to the general public at about the same time.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#54 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-02, 00:56

So, Fred, any sneak-peeks on what improvements we'll see in the new version?
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

#55 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-02, 05:55

Given that it seems that Adobe Flash/Air will not be available on Android 4.1 (aka Jelly Bean) (http://blogs.adobe.c...oid-update.html) on the Google Nexus 7 and other devices, is it likely that we shall be able to run BBO in a browser or standalone app on this Android version in the near future?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#56 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-July-02, 07:45

That article says they're phasing out Flash, but not Air (reread the first sentence). The mobile app uses Air.

#57 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-02, 08:43

View Postbarmar, on 2012-July-02, 07:45, said:

That article says they're phasing out Flash, but not Air (reread the first sentence). The mobile app uses Air.

Okay, thanks. I am revisiting my optician on Wednesday since I did not believe his results last week, but perhaps he was right!
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#58 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-07, 12:05

Apple is taking longer than expected to approve the new version of the BBO mobile app and, since I am leaving for a long tournament on Tuesday, we decided to release the new Android version this morning. Google's approval process is basically automatic, but it may take several hours for people in some parts of the world to be able to access the new version through the Google's "Play Store".

Presumably Apple has a bigger backlog of app submissions than usual, but hopefully they will get around to approving the new version of our app within the next few days.

Most likely we won't be doing any serious publicity for the new version until it is available in Apple's app store, but I thought that Forums regulars who use Android devices might like to know that they can now (or at least soon) upgrade their BBO app.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#59 User is offline   the_dude 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-09, 07:49

Downloaded the software ... looks great. I don't find the interface busy (as others have said) - I like the fact that there is so much functionality at your fingertips. Playing in this app (as opposed to flash) has been a wonder. I look forward to tournaments being enabled so I can pay you for your efforts :)

One request ... *PLEASE* put *LANDSCAPE* mode on top of your list. Many of us have ASUS transformers, or the like, with attached keyboards that only really work in Landscape mode. Having to close up the keyboard, and type on the screen, is more pain that I can endure...

Great work, thanks!
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it then how bad a decision could it really be?

#60 User is offline   radzik 

• Pip

Posted 2012-July-10, 10:05

Version 3.1 works really great on motorola defy with android 2.3, what I am missing is the access to training room.

Well done!

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users