• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo 3

#81 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-03, 15:53

Also to add: Blizzard has made a statement about wanting to fix MF gear swapping (either manually or through a macro). There will likely be changes to how swapping MF gear works and there's some info from I think Bashiok on the d3 forums about possible scenarios, but MF is almost certainly going to be MORE valuable after the changes. So if you roll good items with top end MF, hang on to it or at least get a premium for it now.
OK
bed

#82 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-03, 16:19

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-August-03, 14:41, said:

I'm not familiar with any research done on MF with that high a number of MF (I assume they were swapping or had ultraelite gear) but my guess is with that much MF the extra 75% is less important (ie you're still dropping lots of ilvl 63 and 6-property rares). And like I said, the guaranteed rare you get from 5 stacks is NOT affected by MF at all, so getting 5 stacks and running long distances to more packs of champs/uniques/bosses is less efficient than stacking a lot of MF and quickly clearing high density areas, especially if that guaranteed rare is dropping in lieu of a rare that would otherwise drop (and is affected by MF).

The guy posting said that his results apply at about +360 or more and every extra point is important, it's really difficult to get to that level without NV (requires absolutely top rolls and a particular set bonus). Apparently you drop truly ludicrous numbers of rares per group/boss.

MF gear swapping is an abuse and should have been fixed ages ago.

#83 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-03, 16:33

So we essentially reached the same conclusion: stacking lots of MF is much, much better than running with 0 MF (shocking, I know).

So further research would have to be done to determine 1) if the guaranteed rare can ever drop in the place of a non-guaranteed rare, 2) if getting 5 stacks+running to the next champ pack takes longer than clearing high density areas and restarting and 3) if 75% additional MF on top of 400 base MF exceeds any losses from 1) + 2).

Agree MF swapping is bad. I did it in D2 because it was as simple as hitting w, and I know people have written macros that blizzard apparently has deemed OK, but it's just a stupid part of the game that needs to be fixed.
OK
bed

#84 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-August-03, 17:19

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-August-03, 16:33, said:

Agree MF swapping is bad. I did it in D2 because it was as simple as hitting w, and I know people have written macros that blizzard apparently has deemed OK, but it's just a stupid part of the game that needs to be fixed.

In games like this, I think whether a PnP RPG GM would let me get away with something like this, and if the answer is no, I consider it an exploit.

#85 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-18, 18:22

anyone still playing?

they released some datamined patch notes about 1.04 today. looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

kinda wish they weren't nerfing monsters and buffing heroes at the same time, but i guess a higher % of people will be able to feel baller and farm A3.

some spoilers from the patch notes:
Spoiler

OK
bed

#86 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-August-18, 19:11

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-August-18, 18:22, said:

anyone still playing?

they released some datamined patch notes about 1.04 today. looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

kinda wish they weren't nerfing monsters and buffing heroes at the same time, but i guess a higher % of people will be able to feel baller and farm A3.

Still playing, but less than I was.

1.0.4 is an improvement, but doesn't really fix the "no endgame" problem. I can't cope with farming A3, and after 500 hours in acts 1 and 2 have found 1 item worth more than 100K and that not by much. Hoping for better after the patch (or failing that some stuff I can use).

Also, finding a 500 DPS weapon with level requirement -18 levels makes NM/hell very silly (and they're dirt cheap on the gold AH), they might want to restrict that a bit with the buff to 2 handers, a lvl 42 barb with an 800 DPS 2H weapon is going to be really stupid after the patch.

#87 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-18, 21:38

paragon experience will keep my interest i think (hope its in 1.04!). i'd prefer blizzard just copy PoE's portal endgame stuff, but i doubt that'll happen. if i can build +MF and +GF just by killing elite packs, i admit i'm prepared for the grind.

Seriously about 100K? For a long time tomes of secret were my largest sale item (200k gold for like 350 tomes?) but since then i've upgraded several spots, invested in MF, and done reasonably ok for a casual gamer. I expect to have a few mill for my next upgrade soonish.
OK
bed

#88 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-August-19, 04:14

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-August-18, 21:38, said:

paragon experience will keep my interest i think (hope its in 1.04!). i'd prefer blizzard just copy PoE's portal endgame stuff, but i doubt that'll happen. if i can build +MF and +GF just by killing elite packs, i admit i'm prepared for the grind.

Seriously about 100K? For a long time tomes of secret were my largest sale item (200k gold for like 350 tomes?) but since then i've upgraded several spots, invested in MF, and done reasonably ok for a casual gamer. I expect to have a few mill for my next upgrade soonish.

I'm waiting for them to upgrade the crafted items, so have a couple of thousand ToS stored. My problem also is that atm I have 3 50s I'm trying to make playable and a 4th nearly there, but I'm not seeing any items that are an improvement on my main monk who can't solo farm act 3 yet although I do OK but not great with my barb buddy. I'm not survivable enough to use MF gear in inferno and refuse to swap gear. Am I really supposed to wear MF gear and go back to hell ? My largest sale items for a while were buying up 61+ legendaries/sets for 50K, breaking them and selling the essences for 95K.

If you want to see the sort of gear I have, try http://eu.battle.net.../Minotaur-2857/ (not sure if linking like this works) Thelonius is my main

#89 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-19, 19:09

Didn't play for about 7 weeks, but decided to give HC a shot again, and I made level 60 pretty comfortably with a monk. If anyone wants to run US HC on inferno, send me a message.

#90 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-August-24, 08:31

So what's the opinion on 1.0.4 ?

I found act 3 up to Ghom was just about doable with my monk, the Ghom fight was very tough and great fun, I'd never have been able to do it pre patch.

Why we're still dropping level 52 items in inferno is still not clear to me (getting a dagger with <100 DPS is not cool), but I've had more decent (although not stellar) items in 3 days than I had in 3 months.

#91 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-August-24, 08:36

Lost my L59 hardcore WD a couple weeks back

Kind uninspired to play at the moment
The mega nerf doesn't make me any more inspired
Alderaan delenda est

#92 User is offline   dwar0123 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-24, 17:53

I think I would have preferred that the paragon levels were staged a little more like normal leveling. Where the first segment goes by very fast and then it slows down a lot. I am ok with the total amount of exp required for 100, I just think they may have messed up not making the first 30 or so levels a lot cheaper.

Each level requires a little more exp then the last level, rather I think each level should have required a substantial more exp then the last level and start out much cheaper so in the end it is the same but its faster at the start.

I am only at paragon level 6 and it already feels like a horrendous grind.

#93 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-24, 18:39

You are all terrible people and should feel awful about playing this game instead of EVE.

EVE is by far the best MMO ever made. CCP is a rudderless development company that kinda wants to do the right thing if it doesn't require too much work. Unfortunately, given the overall mediocrity of the existing playerbase, figuring out what the right thing is is too much work. You could fix that!
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

#94 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-24, 22:37

Yeah, I need to get back into EVE. It's definitely a very cool game.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#95 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-August-25, 03:38

View Postjonottawa, on 2012-August-24, 18:39, said:

You are all terrible people and should feel awful about playing this game instead of EVE.

EVE is by far the best MMO ever made. CCP is a rudderless development company that kinda wants to do the right thing if it doesn't require too much work. Unfortunately, given the overall mediocrity of the existing playerbase, figuring out what the right thing is is too much work. You could fix that!

EVE feels a lot more like a second job/life than an MMO, I never played it but have friends who did and kept talking about it to those of us that didn't. I thought RIFT was a good MMO but they took it in a perfectly reasonable direction that I didn't like (basically I liked playing casually and often solo, and they made it raid or don't bother). I still play City of Heroes and enjoy it.

#96 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-16, 19:11

anyone still playing? made 60 on hc today for the first time so the game still holds my interest.

blizzard announced some 1.05 changes. highlights include nerfing the game even further (25% damage reduction), players X system from d2 to simulate full games while solo (presumably drops will scale with the increased difficulty?) and an uber endgame they havent provided details for yet.

i think they went way, way too far with their changes in 1.04. i like the paragon leveling, but the game is all about legendaries and sets now, which has completely and hopelessly broken the sc economy. its interesting learning the hc economy (and finding flawless square amethysts makes me really happy).

still no word about 1.1 (pvp arena) yet. several months past release.

pretty lucrative beta roll out, blizzard! meanwhile path of exile held their public stress test this weekend. interested to see results, but for a free game they're really doing it right.
OK
bed

#97 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-18, 13:10

Key points:
- The Players X type system is translated as “Monster Power” and players creating games with level 60 characters can set it from 0-10 at game creation. You can not tweak it during a game, such as by turning it up before a boss fight.

- At higher levels the game difficulty is increased, with correspondingly better experience gain and item rewards. Details are still unspecified on just how they’ll be increasing the difficulty, and on what “better” items means. More, higher quality (Sets/Legendaries) items, higher level items, or all of the above.
To unlock the Infernal Machine players will have to gather ingredients from all four acts, so it will presumably not be a short and easy assembly process. (Apparently even longer and more involved than Diablo 2′s Pandemonium Event.)

- The Infernal Machine level has “a completely new architecture” (tileset?), but no new bosses or monsters. (Presumably the “uber” bosses will be palette shifted and have some new abilities, but we’ll wait for D3X for entirely new monsters.)

- The Infernal Machine reward is a new Legendary ring only available from this quest. The biggest news is that it will DiabloWikiBind on Account. So no trading or selling or gifting, but you can use it with other characters on your account.

Other details remain vague, so it seems like we’ll have to wait for the actual patch to find out every last detail and start hunting those new uber rings. It seems pretty likely the ring will be something like the Hellfire Torch, with guaranteed great stats, but enough variability that you’ll probably want to find several of them while trying to get a better roll, and perhaps a roll better suited for each character class.
OK
bed

#98 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-October-18, 09:18

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-September-18, 13:10, said:

Key points:
- The Players X type system is translated as “Monster Power” and players creating games with level 60 characters can set it from 0-10 at game creation. You can not tweak it during a game, such as by turning it up before a boss fight.

- At higher levels the game difficulty is increased, with correspondingly better experience gain and item rewards. Details are still unspecified on just how they’ll be increasing the difficulty, and on what “better” items means. More, higher quality (Sets/Legendaries) items, higher level items, or all of the above.
To unlock the Infernal Machine players will have to gather ingredients from all four acts, so it will presumably not be a short and easy assembly process. (Apparently even longer and more involved than Diablo 2′s Pandemonium Event.)

- The Infernal Machine level has “a completely new architecture” (tileset?), but no new bosses or monsters. (Presumably the “uber” bosses will be palette shifted and have some new abilities, but we’ll wait for D3X for entirely new monsters.)

- The Infernal Machine reward is a new Legendary ring only available from this quest. The biggest news is that it will DiabloWikiBind on Account. So no trading or selling or gifting, but you can use it with other characters on your account.

Other details remain vague, so it seems like we’ll have to wait for the actual patch to find out every last detail and start hunting those new uber rings. It seems pretty likely the ring will be something like the Hellfire Torch, with guaranteed great stats, but enough variability that you’ll probably want to find several of them while trying to get a better roll, and perhaps a roll better suited for each character class.

Well the details are out and the patch is in.

I can only handle MP 1-3 atm solo depending on the act, I did manage to finish the game at MP0 which is now trivially easy.

MP details: http://eu.battle.net...lory-11_10_2012

IM details: http://eu.battle.net...en/blog/6265182

I've found my first IM key, but not going to chase this seriously.

They have reduced a lot of armor/resist buffs but reduced monster damage more, I'm not clear what you have to up MP to in each act to get it back to the old difficulty, but I'm guessing about 2/3/4 in those acts, and between 0 and 1 for act 1.

Loot is better now as you're not getting the worthless lvl 51-57 items in inferno, but not seen any legendaries yet.

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users