• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB won't believe me

#1 User is offline   fuburules3 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-May-04, 22:58

http://tinyurl.com/7omv5sh

How should this be bid in GIB? I think in real life I would rebid 3S, but I've been told GIB does not know what to make of this. I personally think GIB should not bid 5H even with a spade void here.

#2 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-05, 04:10

View Postfuburules3, on 2012-May-04, 22:58, said:

http://tinyurl.com/7omv5sh

How should this be bid in GIB? I think in real life I would rebid 3S, but I've been told GIB does not know what to make of this. I personally think GIB should not bid 5H even with a spade void here.

Why open 2C- given GIB's doubles (only 3 support of other suits) I don't there is any real risk of 1S being passed in ?

#3 User is offline   nathan2008 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-05, 04:22

don't complain too much on GIB:). everyone is suffering the same problem. If it is "best hand" style, i will 100% open 4s. too many losers for 6. If u really want to bid with GIB, i suggest u bid 1s-4s. Don't open 2c..... GIB can "think" he might have slam after 2c open.

Everyone meets this kind of hands with GIB every day, only u complain lol. As you are so clever, i am sure u can find a solution:).

#4 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-05, 08:47

View Postnathan2008, on 2012-May-05, 04:22, said:

don't complain too much on GIB:). everyone is suffering the same problem. If it is "best hand" style, i will 100% open 4s. too many losers for 6. If u really want to bid with GIB, i suggest u bid 1s-4s. Don't open 2c..... GIB can "think" he might have slam after 2c open.

Everyone meets this kind of hands with GIB every day, only u complain lol. As you are so clever, i am sure u can find a solution:).

wooaaa thats pretty brutal isnt it? <_<
maybe just rebidding 4 over 3 might have helped

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-05, 09:04

View Postpigpenz, on 2012-May-05, 08:47, said:

maybe just rebidding 4 over 3 might have helped

#6 User is offline   fuburules3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-05, 14:45

The point of the forum is to post hands that the developers can use to improve GIB. If I come across as complaining, I apologize as being a developer for GIB seems to be a thankless task and I'm largely happy with the end product (there is no forum to post hands where you have a normal, smooth auction with GIB!).

As far as the hand in question, in my opinion opening 4S is not "real" bridge as we could easily miss a slam. I'm fine if GIB "thinks" we have a slam after 2C, because we very well could. In any event, in general I try to bid as normally as possible with GIB (because I find playing this way most enjoyable). In this sequence, I think when I bid spades for the third time, it should show spades I am willing to play opposite a void. It seems if I bid 4S instead of 3S the second time, GIB is willing to pass. I think GIB should be just as willing to pass in the auction I posted and the definition of 4S could be tweaked to show a stronger suit (if I had hearts and an unwillingness to play in spades opposite a void, I could bid hearts!).

#7 User is offline   dwar0123 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-06, 04:33

I think you are missing the point of this forum.

#8 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2012-May-06, 07:53

I think introducing a 4 card to the 9 is counter productive on GIB's part.
3NT instead of 4 would be better IMHO. 3NT could be last making game and should not go past without good values.
going slamming with 5 when GIB is void in is just asking for a bad board

opening 2 is OK, as you could miss game with a little as a minor suit King and a small trump (2 even better chances)
opening 4 will miss a good slam on as little as AK or K and A or K and 3 small
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users