BBO Discussion Forums: What to do better? help please - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What to do better? help please 5°Major diamond 4°

#1 User is offline   deep 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 148
  • Joined: 2008-January-10

Posted 2012-April-30, 01:10


Can bid south 2 or better pass? Ty at all for help me
0

#2 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 8,648
  • Joined: 2005-March-18
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2012-April-30, 01:43

Sure - 2D, some would have overcalled 1NT, some would have made a T/O X with the S hand.

And soe would have started this thread in the I/A section, instead of the Expert Class section.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
0

#3 User is online   ArtK78 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,021
  • Joined: 2004-September-05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Galloway NJ USA
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2012-April-30, 07:14

I don't see how I could stop short of game opposite a hand that bid 1 after I passed and both opponents have bid. So I would just bid 4.
0

#4 User is offline   rmnka447 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 661
  • Joined: 2012-March-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois
  • Interests:Bridge, Golf, Soccer

Posted 2012-May-01, 00:40

I'm not sure game is there. Opener has advertised 12-13 points and can't have more than 5 HCP in s.

Partner probably has something like Jxxxxx for the overcall. But after 2 bidding opponents, I'd expect partner to have some decent outside values for the overcall. sounds to me like responder scraped up a response with hardly anything and shortness.

So I'm going to DBl 2 first, then raise s if they compete further.
0

#5 User is online   ArtK78 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,021
  • Joined: 2004-September-05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Galloway NJ USA
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2012-May-01, 06:31

View Postrmnka447, on 2012-May-01, 00:40, said:

I'm not sure game is there. Opener has advertised 12-13 points and can't have more than 5 HCP in s.

Partner probably has something like Jxxxxx for the overcall. But after 2 bidding opponents, I'd expect partner to have some decent outside values for the overcall. sounds to me like responder scraped up a response with hardly anything and shortness.

So I'm going to DBl 2 first, then raise s if they compete further.

So you have partners that stick their necks out between two bidding opponents on a J high suit with a bad hand? Not me.
1

#6 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 16,080
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2012-May-02, 03:53

partner's overcall must fit one of 2 purposes: to fight for the final contract of to offer a good lead.

We know he doesn't offer a lead, so he must have a good hand, probably a 2 suiter with diamonds, with some luck we will be able to ruff a couple on our hand.
0

#7 User is offline   lowerline 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 2004-March-29
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 2012-May-02, 07:11

View Postdeep, on 2012-April-30, 01:10, said:


Can bid south 2 or better pass? Ty at all for help me


I would have bid 1nt on my first turn... Now I bid 2. Looks like there are more than 40 points here... I guess the rest of the hands are East: AJx xx x KQxxxxx; West: xxxx xxx KQxxx x; Partner: KQx JTxxx Axxxx -

Steven
0

#8 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,498
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver #1 city in the world :)
  • Interests:Bridge, skiing

Posted 2012-May-02, 09:17

View PostFluffy, on 2012-May-02, 03:53, said:

partner's overcall must fit one of 2 purposes: to fight for the final contract of to offer a good lead.

We know he doesn't offer a lead, so he must have a good hand, probably a 2 suiter with diamonds, with some luck we will be able to ruff a couple on our hand.

You obviously don't play with random bbo'ers.
Searching for your own mistakes is the only way to learn this game. - Fluffy

And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly. - MikeH

SLOW DOWN! This is not a speedball :)
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users