• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help for playing directors

#1 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-03, 19:36

From another thread:

It is difficult for playing Directors to be on the floor hurrying players along.

I know that this is slightly off-topic, but our local club has a playing TD, and a playing movement director, and even a scorer, who is usually not one of these people and who sets up the Bridgemate server and enters names for guests, people who don't know their number etc. This helps spread the workload, and gives people who are not trained as TDs or not confident about doing it the chance to participate by being movement director. And a competent TD who is rubbish at keeping people to time does not have to worry about that.

As a result the movement director, having no other responsibilities, is in a very good position to keep on eye on slow tables and encourage them to move along.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#2 User is offline   aguahombre 

Posted 2012-April-03, 20:48

Yes, good plan. We currently have a playing computer operator, because the temporary playing directors don't know the computer functions; and it does make the TD's load much lighter.

Not sure how a thread you started could be considered off-topic, however. Or did a Mod create the new thread? How other clubs run things is certainly useful information, IMO.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2012-April-04, 09:19

View Postaguahombre, on 2012-April-03, 20:48, said:

Not sure how a thread you started could be considered off-topic, however. Or did a Mod create the new thread? How other clubs run things is certainly useful information, IMO.

LOL I copied the post I had first typed in another thread.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users