• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Distributional hand in 2/1 Hard?

#21 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-March-24, 15:39

mgoetze, on 2012-March-24, 15:23, said:

Let me guess - ever since this thread where I gave my honest opinion and you answered everyone's posts except mine?

Think of it this way --> I was trying to send you a message by specifically not responding to you because you have repeatedly demonstrated to me with your arrogant, dismissive, flippant comments towards me that one person who does NOT merit a response from me is you.

And now, this is the last time I will reply to anything you have to say.

Sorry, Phil, for hijacking your post. Now, back to the hand.
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

#22 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-March-24, 15:54

Oh yes you definitely did send a message... and the message was that you are not ready to face the truth, LOL.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#23 User is offline   dake50 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-24, 19:12

Seems to me a trump opening lead to stop
H-ruffs makes the most sense to me.
Only if tricks are there to discard a
C-loser is this not best.

#24 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-24, 21:49

mgoetze, on 2012-March-24, 15:23, said:

Let me guess - ever since this thread where I gave my honest opinion and you answered everyone's posts except mine?

Mgoetze, what is the relevancy of your reply with what Highlow replied in this thread ? Am i missing something or is there some edited/deleted replies ?

I am not joking, asking seriously, i didnt understand the whole thing, i tried to read 3 times all replies (but sometimes i admit i am blind especially when just drive too many miles) but i couldnt see anything thats relevant to what you wrote in this topic.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#25 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-24, 22:06

MrAce, on 2012-March-24, 21:49, said:

Mgoetze, what is the relevancy of your reply with what Highlow replied in this thread ? Am i missing something or is there some edited/deleted replies ?

I am not joking, asking seriously, i didnt understand the whole thing, i tried to read 3 times all replies (but sometimes i admit i am blind especially when just drive too many miles) but i couldnt see anything thats relevant to what you wrote in this topic.

Clearly there was at least one post deleted. I don't remember exactly, but the comments in the thread used to make sense. Probably they were removed by the moderators.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#26 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-24, 22:24

I count 2 deleted posts in this thread. Don't really see why.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#27 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-24, 22:26

Vampyr, on 2012-March-24, 22:06, said:

Clearly there was at least one post deleted. I don't remember exactly, but the comments in the thread used to make sense. Probably they were removed by the moderators.

Ahh ty for making it clear, now it makes sense to me.

Without the deleted posts, Mgoetze looked like trying to pick a fight out of nowhere, maybe when deleting posts moderators shd consider this.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#28 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-24, 22:55

MrAce, on 2012-March-24, 22:26, said:

Ahh ty for making it clear, now it makes sense to me.

Without the deleted posts, Mgoetze looked like trying to pick a fight out of nowhere, maybe when deleting posts moderators shd consider this.

Yes, you are right. In any case mgoetze should go back and replace his post with something like "never mind".
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#29 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-25, 11:27

Vampyr, on 2012-March-24, 22:06, said:

Mgoetze responded to yet another post of mine with a flippant comment along the lines of "Not appropriate for this forum, IMO." He is the only one who has ever directly said anything like this and he has done so, repeatedly, for quite a while. I finally called him out for it in public and that post was deleted.

The matter does NOT belong in this thread, granted. Thus I've reported his behavior directly to BBO forum moderators.
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

#30 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-25, 12:25

HighLow21, on 2012-March-25, 11:27, said:

He is the only one who has ever directly said anything like this

I hope everyone takes the hint.

and he has done so, repeatedly, for quite a while.

Actually it was the first time I ever told anyone their post does not belong in the Expert forum.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#31 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2012-March-25, 13:08

I don't like 5H over 3NT. The only time I can think of where you are better off playing in hearts is if partner is 3-0 in the red suits. If he's 3-1 you probably don't want to play in slam anyway, and if you do it's unlikely hearts will play obviously better. I'd rather just bid 4D, as the suit is playable opposite a singleton, and see what partner does.

Whether I'm prepared to give up below slam or not depends on our style of minimum opening bid.

#32 User is offline   dboxley 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-06, 19:23

4D since 4H can be passed, wtp, I'm not trying to find the best game.

#33 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-06, 20:14

I think responder has already shown a 5/6 but I'm sure there are other agreements. I like 4C as choice of games. Use of the 4th suit, especially above 3N should show uncertainty as to strain. It's not a slam try necessarily, but removing 3N would show at least additional distribution if not extra values. 4C on this hand lets opener show diamond tolerance which leads to the best slam. On other days, opener may show heart tolerance or something more in spades.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users