BBO Discussion Forums: Become an Advanced Bidder for 1 night - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Become an Advanced Bidder for 1 night Nell's ForcePoint or C-SAYC for anyone

#1 User is offline   Pavell 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:The Slam Theory of auto Hand Evaluation and Bridge Bidding

Posted 2004-November-02, 01:09

http://bullbridge.com/generic44.html
http://bullbridge.com/generic45.html

- If you want to become an Advanced Bidder for 24 hours, go and read the 1st two chapters of the Topic: "A new system. Do you need it ?" in Advanced and Expert's section of this Forum. The 1st link above will send you to Nell's ForcePoint, the 2nd one - to C-SAYC. Of course, if you already play SAYC, it is not necessary to learn a new system, simply use the ForcePoint Counting. One advice: Sacrifize the bid of 4 and start to use it instead of the bid 4NT in any case, even when your suit is ! There is nothing heavy, the opposite, it is more than elementary. Success.
ForcePoint Bidding Developer
http://bull-bridge.com

#2 User is offline   Gerben47 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-02, 03:11

I had a look at this and the numbers are dazzling me. No point count can make up for judgement. Not ZAR points, not Milton Work count, not Binky Points or the points on this website.
My suggestion is not to read this so that you won't be confused.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!

#3 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2004-November-02, 03:47

If you're a beginner, some point count might help, but in the long run you just surpress the need to evaluate your hand, and you'll never become a real good player since you didn't learn how to evaluate your hand properly...
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#4 User is offline   joker_gib 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-02, 05:26

Points have nothing to do with bridge ! :blink:
Alain

#5 User is offline   Pavell 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-02, 06:51

Gerben47, on Nov 2 2004, 04:11 AM, said:

I had a look at this and the numbers are dazzling me. No point count can make up for judgement. Not ZAR points, not Milton Work count, not Binky Points or the points on this website.
My suggestion is not to read this so that you won't be confused.

- Obviously you do not like even the simple aritmethic. Even for the points count judgment you are totaly right ! But, there is one BUT, only when you do not use with/ or do not have appropriate opening and responding bids. Nor Zar, nor Milton, nor Bergen, nor even your Binky Points suggest the appropriate bidding, that why I told you, you are right. I won't suggest to you to try again, but someone will do that for sure. Your advice looks like the old senturies religious suppressions on the forbiden books :blink: . Very interesting.

#6 User is offline   Pavell 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-02, 06:56

joker_gib, on Nov 2 2004, 06:26 AM, said:

Points have nothing to do with bridge ! :P

- Of course, you need also a Bidding mechanism, not to mention the Playing, which is ALWAYS your own responsibility :P .

#7 User is offline   Pavell 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-02, 07:03

Free, on Nov 2 2004, 04:47 AM, said:

If you're a beginner, some point count might help, but in the long run you just surpress the need to evaluate your hand, and you'll never become a real good player since you didn't learn how to evaluate your hand properly...

- Obviously you didn't understand the main advantage of this Counting: You will NEVER need anymore properly/ improperly to evaluate your hand :P

#8 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2004-November-02, 07:39

Pavell, on Nov 2 2004, 02:03 PM, said:

Free, on Nov 2 2004, 04:47 AM, said:

- Obviously you didn't understand the main advantage of this Counting: You will NEVER need anymore properly/ improperly to evaluate your hand :P

That's exactly what ZAR points were created for as well...

In the end, it's probably a nice tool to help you, but absolute evaluation can't be summerized in some kind of formula. In the other thread you mention a success rate of about 85%. Imo it's quite low! On a club evening you're wrong for about 5-6 boards out of 30 :P Zar's have a higher success rate if I remember correctly.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#9 User is offline   flytoox 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-02, 08:25

Most players have problem with counting up to 13. So any counting system which needs to count more than 13 is due to fail. Take Zar for example, it may be a good point counting system, but ppl will have problem count it.

#10 User is offline   Flame 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-November-04, 11:44

Is there anyone in the forum who doesnt count points ? I would be very happy to hear how do you make your decisions, do you run many hands partner might have opposite your hand and check how many tricks you are likely to make ?
Do you do that for all decision (Dont think its possible even for a computer to do it for an opening bid) or just for some, which are those then ?

#11 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2004-November-04, 12:17

Applying objective statistical methods to validate your hand evaluation system will elicit more interest than random nudes scattered on your web site...
Alderaan delenda est

#12 User is offline   the hog 

• Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2004-November-04, 16:34

hrothgar, on Nov 5 2004, 04:17 AM, said:

Applying objective statistical methods to validate your hand evaluation system will elicit more interest than random nudes scattered on your web site...

No it won't!
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#13 User is offline   Pavell 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-26, 12:14

View PostFree, on 2004-November-02, 07:39, said:

That's exactly what ZAR points were created for as well...

In the end, it's probably a nice tool to help you, but absolute evaluation can't be summerized in some kind of formula. In the other thread you mention a success rate of about 85%. Imo it's quite low! On a club evening you're wrong for about 5-6 boards out of 30 :P Zar's have a higher success rate if I remember correctly.

This is a percentage for bridge Tournaments, not the usual percentage which you know from school. Did you know that 40% at bridge Table mean last place, Zero , and 87% mean 1st place? Obviously, you never went to a bridge Tournament, at least do not post stupid opinions!
40% at bridge Table are equal to 5 usual % , and 87% at the bridge Table are equal to 99 usual %
One thing is true: I made a mistake posting 85%, the real percentage is 83%

#14 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-26, 13:36

I understand that English is your second language, so I tried to make my post as clear and concise as I could.
1.) Why would you necro (bring back from the dead) a 12 year old forum thread? Also, do you really expect people to change their opinion after you talk to them like they are a stupid child?
2.) I do not understand why you have random pictures of women on your website - at least one of which you can see her breasts through the clothes.
3.) Your two links at the top do not work, and this link on your main page does not work either.
4.) Two of the three hands you posted to promote your system in fact do the opposite! Here you should be in the 6-3 Club slam, not the 8-0 Spade slam (you need to guess both to play for Jx and Qxx onsides!) Here you propose being in 7, but do not take into account the bidding, which screams bad breaks. In fact, both tables only made 6 because of a Diamond ruff!
5.) Amazon.com does not carry your Force Point book anymore, I checked.
6.) This last comment is not very constructive, but you really should spell your name correctly on this page.

I would have been interested in checking out your system, but there is no working free link, and you didn't even look at Zar points. This does not even take into account the fact that your percentages do not make sense. I will assume your 83% is accurate -> How are you coming up with that number, or 87% at the bridge table? Bidding is likely somewhere between 50-80% of the game, a majority of the time people will be in the same contract, and due to variance you can easily be +/- 4% in any tournament.

This will be my one and only post on the matter, so feel free to NOT write a response. Have a good day.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users