• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Travel Forum Useful?

#1 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-March-04, 12:47

Thoughts on this?

For upcoming venues anywhere in the world: one forum where members can post what they know about amenities, peculiarities, customs, etc ---pertaining to Bridge players' concerns.

Other members planning to travel to a tournament can use the information, and it would be there in one place for future searches. Separate thread for each general locale, started when a member requests information or volunteers information for that place.

The thought was inspired by a post of NickF a while back. He lives around Sydney and was planning a trip to California. I got PM info from him in return to assist a friend coming to Sydney; but, maybe the information should be on BBO for all.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#2 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2012-March-04, 17:14

View Postaguahombre, on 2012-March-04, 12:47, said:

Thoughts on this?

For upcoming venues anywhere in the world: one forum where members can post what they know about amenities, peculiarities, customs, etc ---pertaining to Bridge players' concerns.

Other members planning to travel to a tournament can use the information, and it would be there in one place for future searches. Separate thread for each general locale, started when a member requests information or volunteers information for that place.

The thought was inspired by a post of NickF a while back. He lives around Sydney and was planning a trip to California. I got PM info from him in return to assist a friend coming to Sydney; but, maybe the information should be on BBO for all.

i think this should go under forum events, ie meeting some forum folks while traveling

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#3 User is offline   Siegmund 

• Alchemist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Creator of the 'grbbridge' LaTeX typesetting package.

Posted 2012-March-05, 00:12

I would call it a subpart of Offline Bridge, not Forum Events.

Offline Bridge is a sufficiently low-traffic forum that perhaps the solution is to change the description of the forum to encourage more of this type of discussion.

#4 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-05, 00:47

That would make more sense. The idea would be to post transportation, tipping, restaurant, etc., type information for present and future reference ---not to arrange an event or meeting for BBO forum members.

The publicity and flyers are advertising. Perhaps people would want the real skinny about what to expect.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-March-06, 09:46

I was also thinking it would be appropriate for Offline Bridge. It doesn't seem like this topic would generate enough discussion to warrant a forum of its own.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users