BBO Discussion Forums: Kibitzers for ACBL Matches - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kibitzers for ACBL Matches Why not Add Kibitzers for ACBL Matches?

#1 User is offline   JmBrPotter 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bicycling, Chess, Computer Science, Go, Hiking, Learning, Military Simulation Games, Photography, Quality Improvement, Reading (SciFi, nonfiction), Statistics, Teaching, Two-Player Partial Information Games, Two-Player Total Information Games, oh! I almost forgot---Duplicate Contract Bridge playing and directing

Posted 2012-February-19, 21:31

Why must kibitzers be barred from ACBL matches? Chat could be restricted to other kibitzers (as a group, only) thus preventing kibitzers from interacting with players. If cheating is a concern (e.g., one player with two IDs kibitzing his own table and seeing all four hands), is this really more likely than partners using cell phones to bid and defend REALLY WELL?
:-)

Brian Potter

e-mail: ClioBridgeGuy >at< att >dot< net
URL: Bridge at the Village

Bridge is more than just a card game. It is a cerebral sport. Bridge teaches you logic, reasoning, quick thinking, patience, concentration, and partnership skills.
- Martina Navratilova

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-February-19, 22:41

Speaking from my personal experience, this is not a good idea. I ran a club on bbo (homebase club) that awarded bbo masterpoints, and while other clubs stopped kibitzers, we allowed them. We encouraged people to come and watch their friends, etc. Eventually, because of kibitzers OBVIOUSLY sharing information with some players -- we had to block kibitzers too.
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users