BBO Discussion Forums: Latest Update for JEC matches Schedule - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Latest Update for JEC matches Schedule

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-01, 03:09

View Postmgoetze, on 2012-April-01, 02:42, said:

When is this going to start?

No, tuesdays are gone.

Sunday 2pm will be available probably though. I will definetely turn one of the days in, if not both though, i dont think we have enough people willing to do this.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-April-01, 03:54

Well it's been all middle-of-the-night so far, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I think I am at a high enough level to play against JEC team regularly but I would help out if I didn't have to sleep. ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#23 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-01, 04:42

I think you should try having the 2pm slot only, because you'll be able to get players from both sides of the Atlantic at the same time.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#24 User is offline   phil_20686 

• Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-01, 08:44

I can play any day at 2pm Eastern time: that is 6pm UK time right? Now that we are on summer time (GMT+1)?

Or does eastern have summer time too?
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper

#25 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-01, 08:50

View Postphil_20686, on 2012-April-01, 08:44, said:

I can play any day at 2pm Eastern time: that is 6pm UK time right? Now that we are on summer time (GMT+1)?

We are talking EDT, so 7pm UK summer time, and 20:00 CEST.

I am available to play on Sunday April 15th. If 4 people who can actually play bridge are available I will of course step aside.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#26 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2012-April-01, 08:51

View Postphil_20686, on 2012-April-01, 08:44, said:

1400 New York, 1900 UK, 2000 Paris, 1900 Berwick-upon-Tweed (until the end of October).
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#27 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2012-April-01, 13:11

i am in theory interested in playing on Sundays at 2pm (7pm UK time), if I can play with a non-forum-poster. But in practice I probably don't have a free Sunday evening now until the middle of May (other than possibly the 29th April depending on how something else turns out) - this is about the busiest time in my annual weekend calendar.

This may not be any help at all.

#28 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-01, 14:47

Drat, I was going to ask if I can play with Frances. ;)
    -- Bertrand Russell

#29 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-April-01, 22:36

Ok, if you guys are willing to keep the 2pm slot, i will for you.

I will turn in the thursday slot, not that we have to, but we obviously cant come up with teams 2 times a week. And due to my job and all it is becoming hard for me.

Lets try to come up with a team this thursday 7 pm for the last time and we start 2pm sundays after that. So i will need a team for thurday this week 7 pm and sunday for 2 pm.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#30 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2012-April-02, 02:42

View PostMrAce, on 2012-April-01, 22:36, said:

Ok, if you guys are willing to keep the 2pm slot, i will for you.

I will turn in the thursday slot, not that we have to, but we obviously cant come up with teams 2 times a week. And due to my job and all it is becoming hard for me.

Lets try to come up with a team this thursday 7 pm for the last time and we start 2pm sundays after that. So i will need a team for thurday this week 7 pm and sunday for 2 pm.

Do you mean Sunday 8th? You won't get many English players, because there's a major event that weekend.

I'm available on 15th April, 29th April, 6th May and 13th May, and I can bring a partner. We'd like to play as many of those as you'll let us.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#31 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-02, 03:18

Sunday 8th happens to be Easter Sunday and there is also a BBF League match on that date at the same time.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#32 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2012-April-02, 08:33

FWIW its worth, this Thursday we are having our groundbreaking for the racetrack, and Sunday is Easter, so both days are out.

A week from Thursday (4/12) probably works.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users