• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

convention cards customiziing your card

#1 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2012-October-16, 16:45

Is it possible to make your own cc and have it alert automatically? or can you edit a cc already there and do this?
any help is appreciated

#2 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-17, 02:57

Hello Thomas. You might find it helpful to have a rummage around this forum. The simple answer is that you can use the FD (Full Disclosure) software to create your own CC, either from scratch or by editing an existing stock CC.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#3 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-October-17, 06:10

View PostZelandakh, on 2012-October-17, 02:57, said:

Hello Thomas. You might find it helpful to have a rummage around this forum. The simple answer is that you can use the FD (Full Disclosure) software to create your own CC, either from scratch or by editing an existing stock CC.

thanx for the reply. however i have no clue how to do that. but no worries. im a casual player anyhow.

#4 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2012-October-17, 06:15

It takes a lot of effort and time, but you can make a rather simple one with opening bids and 2nd round replies without too much effort. You just need to download one of the cards to your desktop from the desktop BBO version I believe. Edit the card or create a new one from there.
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#5 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-October-17, 19:09

View PostRunemPard, on 2012-October-17, 06:15, said:

It takes a lot of effort and time, but you can make a rather simple one with opening bids and 2nd round replies without too much effort. You just need to download one of the cards to your desktop from the desktop BBO version I believe. Edit the card or create a new one from there.

ill try. what i want is a couple of variations of polish club and 1 of precision.
thanx

#6 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-18, 03:39

I believe there are stock cards for both PC and Precision. Start the downloadable version of BBO and after logging in press the CONV button at the bottom of the screen. Then open, for example, the BBO-provided Precision CC and go into Edit mode. Make the necessary adjustments and save it as your own CC. Repeat the process for Polish Club.

To get the automatic alerts you need to open the CC and select use when at the table with your regular partner. BBO should remember this and automatically load the CC every time you and the same partner play together. Note that unlike normal self-alerts your partner will see the automatic FD alerts. Therefore you might find the odd opponent that asks you to disable the FD CC use.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#7 User is offline   Lelos80te 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-October-18, 04:04

View Postthomas c, on 2012-October-17, 19:09, said:

ill try. what i want is a couple of variations of polish club and 1 of precision.
thanx

(translate with Google)
Undoubtedly, it is nice play your favorite system. But remember, if the main club is not a problem I can not imagine enable the CC without the agreement a partner to match or tournament. In addition, if you turn on the CC it will be run until the end - as once happened to me. And one more thing, even as a new partner agrees to the play, it does not mean that it will be able to make good use of CC. For example, you have written 1NT 16-18 HP. Your partner will not even look at him under the cursor and displays, he will bid 1NT with just 15 HP or he notice but not accept!
In any case, good luck.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users