Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO is shrinking? where are my hands ?

#1 User is offline   Lelos80te 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-February-16, 10:15

Just last year were available hands from tournaments played in the last three months. I'm sure. Today, sadly, I found that I do not. Tournaments played for ex. December 5 contain only the results, link to the hands does not work :(

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-February-16, 10:54

View PostLelos80te, on 2012-February-16, 10:15, said:

Just last year were available hands from tournaments played in the last three months. I'm sure. Today, sadly, I found that I do not. Tournaments played for ex. December 5 contain only the results, link to the hands does not work :(

BBO trims the data in the public part of myhands every month or two. Currently, for you, the latest hand you played can be found on the myhands website is from DEC 17, 2011. In a month or so, the latest hands will be from January.

If you played these hands with the downloadable version instead of the flash version, it is very likely every hand you have ever played on bbo is still stored on your computer(s). You will find them stored under c:/bridge base online/hands/Lelos80te/ (there will be a directory with each player nickname who has played hands on line using your computer). However, if you changed the default settings, the location of the bridge base online directory could be somewhere else, or you could have turned off the default setting of saving the hands to your computer.

If you use flash, then of course the hands are not stored on your computer, because of safety features build into flash by adobe. If you would like to keep records of all the hands you play online, and you use the flash version (which has a lot of advantages--saving hands just is not one of them), you can download all the hands you played in a month using bridge captain's double dummy solver (http://www.bridgecap...downloadDD.html). One option when downloading hands is all the hands played "last month). At the beginning of each new month, you can download all the hands from the month before. Here is a little trick that works, also, if you change the date on your computer from Feb to Jan, you can download all the hands from Dec (since december will be the last month)...In other words, it uses the date on your computer system to determine what this month is, not the real month. This could be useful to get hands from a specific date, you can change the day to that day and get all the hands within the last 24 hours, allowing you to pick an choose the date you want. Be sure to change your computer date back to the right day after using this trick.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   Lelos80te 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-October-17, 12:05

Today we have 17/10/2012. In BBO no longer hands of 21/09/2012. That's less than one month! This is not taking care of the database! This is irresponsible.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users