• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6S made East calims he got MI, N doubt it

#61 User is offline   bluejak 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge Laws, Cats, Railways, Transport timetables

Posted 2012-March-19, 18:54

When you get an explanation not in writing, you request it in writing. If you still do not get it in writing you call the TD.

Sure, we know players do not do this, but we also know they do not all put down the last pass card of the auction. Both are infractions and put the player in the wrong when he fails to follow correct procedure. Correct procedure includes not accepting incorrect procedure from an opponent.
David Stevenson

Merseyside England UK
EBL TD
Currently at home
Visiting IBLF from time to time
<webjak666@gmail.com>

#62 User is offline   WellSpyder 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-20, 02:56

View Postjallerton, on 2012-March-19, 16:08, said:

I agree that the person giving the verbal explanation has committed an infraction, but what do you expect the screenmate to do? Is the failure to wear earplugs an infraction?

If I want to make sure I get an answer in writing, I normally ask a question in writing, eg "5D=?".

#63 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-20, 03:04

View Postbluejak, on 2012-March-19, 18:54, said:

When you get an explanation not in writing, you request it in writing. If you still do not get it in writing you call the TD.

So if I choose never to give an explanation in writing unless specifically asked for by an opponent I am committing an infraction but I can only gain from it? It is always my opponent who will be ruled against. Seems like this goes clearly against 23 and perhaps also 72B1. Your position seems to lend credence to the ruling Frances received - both sides at fault. Your apparent position that only the asking side is at fault seems flawed at best.
(-: Zel :-)

#64 User is offline   bluejak 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge Laws, Cats, Railways, Transport timetables

Posted 2012-March-20, 08:15

View Postbluejak, on 2012-March-19, 11:36, said:

If it is based on a verbal explanation, then both the person giving the explanation and the person receiving the explanation have committed an infraction. When both sides are at fault, it is legal to split a score.

View PostZelandakh, on 2012-March-20, 03:04, said:

So if I choose never to give an explanation in writing unless specifically asked for by an opponent I am committing an infraction but I can only gain from it? It is always my opponent who will be ruled against. Seems like this goes clearly against 23 and perhaps also 72B1. Your position seems to lend credence to the ruling Frances received - both sides at fault. Your apparent position that only the asking side is at fault seems flawed at best.

Perhaps you should read what I have written. Of course both sides are at fault and I said so explicitly.
David Stevenson

Merseyside England UK
EBL TD
Currently at home
Visiting IBLF from time to time
<webjak666@gmail.com>

#65 User is offline   kgr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-20, 14:49

View Postbluejak, on 2012-March-20, 08:15, said:

Perhaps you should read what I have written. Of course both sides are at fault and I said so explicitly.
what does this mean for the ruling/scoring?

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users