#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-February-14, 00:44

2NT* = +

3= gf

DBL = support

What do u bid now, what do u expect from pd ?

IMPs, agressive opponents. 2/1 is your system with 14-16 NT vulnerable. Minor openings are std at these colors, better minor, club from 3-3 , dia from 4-4
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2012-February-14, 04:29

6, I think he is looking for control for the grand.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#3 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2012-February-14, 04:53

I think pard has a diamond void... My hand is very sucky in context, so I'll go with 6. I can't decide whether it's in spades or NT lol.

#4 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2012-February-14, 10:10

6 is exclusion. I respond showing two keys, which in my partnership is the 3rd step. 6N might play well anyway if RHO has a heart void, although I doubt partner is sitting.

I suppose I would expect AQJxxxx AQxx void Kx. Do I make 7 from his side?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#5 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2012-February-14, 10:19

I agree with both whereagles and Phil that partner is void in diamonds.

I don't know about 6 being Exclusion and responding 6NT, which is past 6 of our suit. You had better have a very firm agreement that 6 is exclusion before making that leap. Partner has to be prepared to bid the grand with you having 2 keys outside of diamonds for this to be correct.

I am tempted to take the low road and sign off in 6 and will apologize if partner is AQJxxxx AK --- KQxx.

#6 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2012-February-14, 10:29

The comments above have brought the problem into focus. It is trivial to conclude that partner is void in diamonds, but the issue is whether he intends this as exclusion.

If he did, then you owe him a 6N call...he has a hand that makes slam opposite 2 keys...and he'll pass 6, thinking you have 1 (assuming 3014 responses).

He might have AQJxxxxx Ax void KQx. Admittedly this isn't cold opposite some hands you might hold.....so give him AJxxxxxx AK void KQx.

However, if 6 is not exclusion, he might hold AQxxxxxx Kx void KQx and be looking for the heart A to take a flyer on 7, knowing it is at worst on finding the spade K with an 11 card fit.

I don't see how one can answer this problem without knowing something about partner. In my partnerships, I would assume exclusion but I would be very nervous.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#7 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2012-February-14, 10:32

xanax, mike? :D

#8 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2012-February-14, 11:10

View Postmikeh, on 2012-February-14, 10:29, said:

However, if 6 is not exclusion, he might hold AQxxxxxx Kx void KQx and be looking for the heart A to take a flyer on 7, knowing it is at worst on finding the spade K with an 11 card fit.

I would bid 5 with this.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-15, 02:41

6 was not an exclusion, there was no such an agreement.

6 bid may not be the best bid he could (as a matter of fact i was the 6 bidder and i believe i could do much better than that)

I had

AQJTxxx
KJx
Void
QTx

I think i shd have bid 5, if pd bids 5 then i can now bid 6 showing concern. If pd bids 5 then i can decide to play slam or not, but i would bid slam anyway with void, and i can see both and are well placed for us. Of course there is always a danger of missing 2 aces.

6 was making, K onside, AQ onside as i predicted. However pd bid 6NT, missing 2 red aces we went down. I was frustrated at pd's decision but the more i think the more i blame myself.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#10 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-February-15, 07:28

WTP 6S, my hand is complete trash after 6D. I have 2 keycard but nothing else.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#11 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder

Posted 2012-February-15, 09:28

I also play that 6D is exclusion and I would think that it is exclusion for any pair that has rules about when exclusion applies.

If it is not exclusion then I would bid 6S obviously, I'm minimal and I have KQx of diamonds.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users