BBO Discussion Forums: Allowing Lobby Chat - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Allowing Lobby Chat How can I do this with the web-cased BBO Client?

#1 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-February-05, 12:40

Hi all,

I was recently recommended to allow lobby chat in my chat options through a friend here. How do I do this with the web-based client? I can do it with the older, Windows-based client, but I really don't like that client!

:-)

Thanks,
-Tate
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

#2 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2012-February-05, 16:36

There is no option too see lobby chat using flash, the next question is why would you want it? Unless for team games perhaps.

#3 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-05, 20:18

....For team games. :)
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

#4 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2012-February-05, 20:52

If you don't have a full team to start a team match you can start the game and fill the empty seats with subs.
This would be another good use of a 'seat only pairs' option. :)

#5 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-05, 21:47

I wonder how you invite teamgames/other games in Flash with no lobby chat?

I still use the old version since it seems I can make the cards larger, alot larger, and easier to read and see lobby invites.

I hope Uday and the staff figure out a way to invite tg and make the cards alot larger in flash, thank you.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-February-06, 10:37

When someone creates a team game and puts your name in as a player, you receive a pop-up saying that you've been invited.

#7 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-06, 11:16

View Postbarmar, on 2012-February-06, 10:37, said:

When someone creates a team game and puts your name in as a player, you receive a pop-up saying that you've been invited.

Yes but not the issue, please.

I use the lobby to find people to play or I request to play.

#8 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-19, 06:45

View Postmike777, on 2012-February-05, 21:47, said:

I wonder how you invite teamgames/other games in Flash with no lobby chat?

I still use the old version since it seems I can make the cards larger, alot larger, and easier to read and see lobby invites.

I hope Uday and the staff figure out a way to invite tg and make the cards alot larger in flash, thank you.

There are two options to getting people to play - 1) invite your friends and 2) just wait. Recently I was experimenting with opening team games with no players - only to document how it works - and kept having to refuse entries.

As to the card size, I am pretty sure that you can make the cards larger in web version than windows client. 1) You can drag the divider between the table and chat down so that only one line of chat can be seen. Then 2) Select results button at the bottom of the table (when it is red you are in results mode). Then 3) click the results tab at the far right. You will then be in almost full screen for just the cards.

Click the results tab at the end of each hand if you want to look at the results, then click it again to see really full sized cards.

#9 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-19, 11:21

View PostFM75, on 2012-February-19, 06:45, said:

There are two options to getting people to play - 1) invite your friends and 2) just wait. Recently I was experimenting with opening team games with no players - only to document how it works - and kept having to refuse entries.

As to the card size, I am pretty sure that you can make the cards larger in web version than windows client. 1) You can drag the divider between the table and chat down so that only one line of chat can be seen. Then 2) Select results button at the bottom of the table (when it is red you are in results mode). Then 3) click the results tab at the far right. You will then be in almost full screen for just the cards.

Click the results tab at the end of each hand if you want to look at the results, then click it again to see really full sized cards.

Another option is to get a relatively larger monitor and a relatively lower resolution. For example, a 21" monitor on something like 1200 x 800 should be quite amazing.

#10 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-19, 11:25

Also for largest possible cards...

Options, More Options, and make sure "Big cards" is checked.
:)

#11 User is offline   pro_spirit 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-June-05, 04:08

I can't use the flash version. How can i return to the windows version? All the download links are broken (check for yourself).

#12 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-June-05, 15:48

Here's the link, I just confirmed that it works:

http://www.bridgebas...ide_for_bbo.php

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users