• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

League for BBO 150$ sponsored by me.

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-February-02, 19:20

Something like 6 teams playing a round robin. The 2 top finisher play a KO. Schedule can be slack like 1 match per 2/3 weeks. Im willing to put 150$ of my own pocket for a small prize.

Team captain have to schedule their own a match. At least 1 in every 3 weeks. 5 matchs +finals within 3 months is reasonnable. Every 3 months we can start a cycle & ill put up 150$ on each of them(as long as the can$ stay strong :) ). We can also matchup pairs to make teams.

Also it would be good practice for those who want to play JEC like discussed here. http://www.bridgebas...ular-team-game/

Anyone interested ?
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-02, 19:57

View Postbenlessard, on 2012-February-02, 19:20, said:

Something like 6 teams playing a round robin. The 2 top finisher play a KO. Schedule can be slack like 1 match per 2/3 weeks. Im willing to put 150$ of my own pocket for a small prize.

Team captain have to schedule their own a match. At least 1 in every 3 weeks. 5 matchs +finals within 3 months is reasonnable. Every 3 months we can start a cycle & ill put up 150$ on each of them(as long as the can$ stay strong :) ). We can also matchup pairs to make teams.

Also it would be good practice for those who want to play JEC like discussed here. http://www.bridgebas...ular-team-game/

Anyone interested ?

The pairs or teams have to be people from forums or open to entire BBO ?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-February-02, 20:08

I will be glad to take your (prize) money (or my share of it for the winning team). :rolleyes:

Assumption is only forum members, so unless mishovnbg returns (a poster from long ago), I will eventually be in need of a forum poster as a partner... who is acceptable to my other teammates.... oh, and of course, other teammates.... ;)

Or I could twist one of my regular partners to post a few times in the forum. I wonder how many post are required to be a regular.
--Ben--

#4 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-02, 20:48

very generous. i like money

#5 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-02, 21:58

My 1st goal would be to have reliable captains/teams so that scheduling matches are easy and that there is no quitting in the middle of the "season". I prefer to have extras players and substitute rather than it being a nightmare to schedule a match, so I guess as long as 40% (2/5, 3/7) of the player in a team are Bbo forum poster Im ok with that. Playing strongs teams on BBO is great for people who dont have time (or money) to play Nationals or strong tournament, those people are unlikely to have the time to be be regular BBO forum poster anyway(like my partner). I guess if we have more than 10 teams wich seem unlikely we should split and make 2 groups.

very generous. i like money
Trust me I like money too. Im going to play a tournament this weekend and there good chance I wont be able to play in the top bracket. So it going to cost me one hour of travel each day + entry fees + bad hotel restaurant and in the end ill play weaker players than good matchs on BBO. Also on BBO I dont need to shuffle, hold the score and write down/remember the hand ive played. Also in a tournament a 4 hour bridge session = less than 3hour on BBO. So in the end 30$ for a good match and saving 2 hours is a good deal.

So inquiry, Mrace are you willing to be captains ?

Also Ill discuss with captains if i should pay in BBO$ or in real $.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#6 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-03, 07:16

What's the entry fee?

#7 User is offline   Codo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2012-February-03, 07:22

We have a BBO League in Germany already. One season a year. It started with about 10 teams, last year we had 37. So it is possible to make such an event happen. But I know the organizer, it is much work, even if the captains are responsable for the timing. And the timing is getting a little more complicated because the time zone difference between Berlin and LA is a little bigger then between Berlin and Hamburg. :)

But I would like to join a BBF league anyway. Should be nice if we get this working.
Kind Regards

Roland

Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...

#8 User is offline   Tomi2 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-February-03, 08:36

View PostCodo, on 2012-February-03, 07:22, said:

We have a BBO League in Germany already. One season a year. It started with about 10 teams, last year we had 37. So it is possible to make such an event happen. But I know the organizer, it is much work, even if the captains are responsable for the timing. And the timing is getting a little more complicated because the time zone difference between Berlin and LA is a little bigger then between Berlin and Hamburg. :)

But I would like to join a BBF league anyway. Should be nice if we get this working.

Hey, Felix and me also sometimes post here, why not make a Climbach Team?

#9 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-February-03, 08:55

I needs the practice...
Alderaan delenda est

#10 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2012-February-03, 08:56

I would be in -- Bad News Bears ftw!
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#11 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-03, 09:28

Every league needs bunny's to bash! I'm in!
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#12 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2012-February-03, 09:48

Great idea!

I am the Coordinator for my unit's annual round-robin team event. It should be easier to schedule matches online than it is to have 12 teams travel to play each other once a month.

My regular partner is a regular on BBO, but has never posted on the Forum. Would he be permitted to play as my partner or on my team?

#13 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2012-February-03, 10:18

I'll play. My most regular partner has never posted on these forums, but there are a couple of others that are regulars (Straube, Foobar/akhare) who I've played with before, though they are a partnership now and may prefer playing with each other.
Chris Gibson

#14 User is offline   akhare 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-03, 10:28

View PostCSGibson, on 2012-February-03, 10:18, said:

I'll play. My most regular partner has never posted on these forums, but there are a couple of others that are regulars (Straube, Foobar/akhare) who I've played with before, though they are a partnership now and may prefer playing with each other.

+1....Chris, I would love to play with you (as well :D)...
foobar on BBO

#15 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-February-03, 10:41

jschafer and mgoetze looking for teammates for Team T-Walsh, contact me. ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#16 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-03, 16:05

as long as 40% of the players consisting a teams are BBO posters its ok. But first we need 5 captain (im going to be 1 of them). Captain job is not complicated in the beginning, its at the end of the season where there is only 1-2 opponent left to play that he must make extra effort to convince his teammates to be available :)

There is no entry fee.

#17 User is offline   Valardent 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-03, 18:54

I'm also interested.

I would not play with a regular BBF, but with a fitted p I play with regularly on BBO.

I don't contribute a lot on this forum but lackness of language doesn't make it always easy.

So, if a team is looking for a (decent) pair, get in touch.

#18 User is offline   dwar0123 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-03, 19:05

If anyone needs a partner, I am available. We can play some to see if we are a fit first if you want.

#19 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-04, 12:11

View Postbenlessard, on 2012-February-03, 16:05, said:

There is no entry fee.

There ought to be. For a couple reasons, one of which is that the participants will likely take the event more seriously if there is an entry fee.

Will you be trying to set up some default playing times? Something for participants to fall back upon if they are unable to reach agreement with another team on a suitable playing time.

#20 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-February-04, 18:08

View PostTimG, on 2012-February-04, 12:11, said:

There ought to be. For a couple reasons, one of which is that the participants will likely take the event more seriously if there is an entry fee.

Will you be trying to set up some default playing times? Something for participants to fall back upon if they are unable to reach agreement with another team on a suitable playing time.

Too much money and there might be cheating. Entry fees are also going to be a pain to collect (unless there a BBO$ feature that i dont know). I think every teams will manage to book 1 match per 3 weeks without problems. In worse case scenario teams that fall back on the schedule might need to take subs or play at a fixed time on a weekend. (1PM ET= 10am PT = 18H to 20H in Europe should be fine for most of the teams.

The important point is to have serious teams captains. Being a captain goes like this, you ask your teammates when they are available, after that you offer match to the others teams (all of them at the same time) then you confirm your matchs. When one of the match is confirmed you can put it on bbo forum for others to kibbitz if they want and you post the score.

For a player you need to be available about 3 evening per 2 weeks or a weekend day per 2 weeks and youre ok for the beginning of the season. For people in Asia its of course tougher but on the weekend there is usually a solution.

So please i need some volunteer captains. Once we will have captains they will decided the time schedule of the whole season/prize distribution (100-50$ or 150$ or bbo$ ?) and if we allow substitutes players if we are late in the season and how many boards we play. We will also discuss if we make teams of 6 or we allow teams of only 4.

So far

hrothgar-Jillybean
benlessard-Zayatz
jschafer and mgoetze
artK78 + his partner
CSgibson+partner
Inquiry+partner
Codo+ ??
Wyman + ??
Tomi2 are you in ?
Valardent + his partner

Bunnygo/ dwar0123 do you have regulars partner that can play on bbo ?

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users