Full Disclosure Using Browser Is it possible?
Posted 2012-January-23, 23:16
Some way to upload the file into the CC section?
Try this forum. The answer may well be in there somewhere.
Posted 2012-January-24, 09:22
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
Posted 2012-January-24, 15:20
Trying to understand...
I do have a PC laptop, which I virtually never use. If it did not have the declarer play book/software I would never use it. I could easily move the FD file to that, almost as easily login to bbo on it using BBOWin, which I have only used maybe 3 times. If I went through that exercise AND loaded up the FD file, would that CC then be listed on my convention cards when I log in using the web? And would it automatically alert bids?
My other question is, is there some way to do this directly using BBO or their web page? The normal way would be to upload a file with a web form.
I just saw the instructions near the bottom of the link mentioned above. Will try that. It is a year old, now.
This post has been edited by FM75: 2012-January-24, 15:23
Posted 2012-January-25, 18:33
These are similar to the instructions posted in another thread.
- Run BBOWin (Bridge Base Online) Application
- Wait while it loads player list - You might think you could click "Cancel" since you do not care about that - Don't click "Cancel"
- Near lower left corner of window, click the green "CONV." button.
- Work convention card
- Look for Other Convention Cards (this will open a file open dialog box in windows.
- Navigate to the directory where you have the FDCC file stored (has .bss extension)
- If you do not see it, enter "*.*" in the File name: field and click open
- Click on desired file
- Click Open
- Click Use ("Use" here apparently means "send the file to BBO", not actually use the convention card, though maybe it does use it if you stay logged in)
- You should then see "Your convention card has been received" in the chat window
- If you want to load more cards click Open and repeat steps 6 through 12 until you have loaded all of the cards that you want
- Close the "Work Convention Card" dialog box.
- Exit Bridge Base Online
Your convention card(s) should now be available to use on the browser.
To test them you will actually have to get to a table where you have a partner and opponents - opponents can be robots, but partner can't be.
Once you have a deal you should see the alerts if you are at a Teaching Table. At a regular table, presumably only the opponents see the alerts.
Posted 2012-February-02, 21:26
1. how do i delete some of the CCs I created?
2. how can I modify one of the bids (its definition) ? I'd like to change the definition of 2D opening only.
The above questions apply only for the Windows version.
(in the web version there is a button "delete")
Posted 2014-August-12, 09:06
It's still supported, but we stopped maintaining it several years ago, and we don't show the download link on the homepage in most countries. Here it is:
Also, we don't allow logins from accounts created after September, 2012.
Posted 2015-August-01, 12:55
I'm suspecting it may be due to size of my .bss file because it's 90 MB large. Is there an upper limit on convention system files?
Thanks in advance,
Posted 2017-January-25, 12:27
FD use is pretty important in IAC, as we have year long course on OCP - Oliver Clarke's precision, that has (if not wrong) 9 different FD CCs. Our management nickname, bbo_iac is one on the list still able to use window client, so we won't have problem passing updated FD CC to OCP students.
Yet, every pardship is allowed change bits and peaces of the system, and make changes in FD; and they won't be able to update it, as it wouldn't be general system change, but just for them 2.
Same goes for any non-IAC pardship that altered say 2/1 advanced BBO card, and now wants to add Bergen raises, they won't be able to update it.
That's why pretty please to give it a thought, and TY