BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Password problem on kindle fire - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Password problem on kindle fire

#1 User is offline   suz53 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-November-21, 13:15

I have a kindle fire which supports adobe but am having trouble logging into BBO. User name is ok but cannot enter password- the first letter shows up briefly then disappears leaving a flashing cursor and empty password box. Have read on forum about just entering full password and ignoring the fact that disappears then clicking log in but that does not work. Also tried using just one digit or letter but no luck. Anyone else encounter this and has it resolved?

#2 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2011-November-22, 19:06

The Kindle Fire keypad is very touchy. So first turn on the audio so you will be able to hear the clicks. Don't expect your password to show - it won't. So type in your password paying attention to the clicks and if you hear a double click use the back arrow on the keypad to start all over again.

I personally like to have my password remembered so I don't have to go through this every time. Once you enter your password, click the log on button and if you get a message that your user name or password is not valid, start again. If you've been careful with the keypad you'll get online. If you've requested the program save your password, you won't have to deal with the touchy keypad again.

Kindle Fire saves your favorites, so once you access BBO you can easily access the logon screen which will be prominently shown on your KF for easy 'next time' access. And since your password has been saved, future logons you'll find, are fast and problem free.

Jacki :)

#3 User is offline   bill1157 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-November-26, 02:54

i have the same problem with my acer tablet (android honeycomb). got on just fine, played a few games, now it does what you are describing when i try to enter password, only on bridgebase!

Bill

#4 User is offline   suz53 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-November-26, 10:57

View PostJacki, on 2011-November-22, 19:06, said:

The Kindle Fire keypad is very touchy. So first turn on the audio so you will be able to hear the clicks. Don't expect your password to show - it won't. So type in your password paying attention to the clicks and if you hear a double click use the back arrow on the keypad to start all over again.

I personally like to have my password remembered so I don't have to go through this every time. Once you enter your password, click the log on button and if you get a message that your user name or password is not valid, start again. If you've been careful with the keypad you'll get online. If you've requested the program save your password, you won't have to deal with the touchy keypad again.

Kindle Fire saves your favorites, so once you access BBO you can easily access the logon screen which will be prominently shown on your KF for easy 'next time' access. And since your password has been saved, future logons you'll find, are fast and problem free.

Hi

thank you for reply- have just seen it after amazon tech called back -you are absolutely correct- of course because password box was empty I didnt even think about the fact it was retaining all the characters I was entering!
She advised me to click on password box then hit delete on keyboard about 30 times to make sure that any entries were out of the system- then input password even though it kept disappearing- make sure remember password was ticked then hit login and voila:)))))))))
My next problem is that when playing away from home friends will think am rude lol as I honestly think screen is too small to also be able to play and chat!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users