Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prepared hands in bidding room

#1 User is offline   newton93 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-April-05, 04:28

After creating a bidding room, there is the option to use generated hands, or selected hands. When I choose "selected", all is empty though. I had hoped to be able to bid the hands of a recent tournament. Any ideas how to get any hands there? I apologize if the answer is obvious, but I could not find it in the help files.

Thanks,
--Peter

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-05, 04:39

Web client answer:

Using saved hands require that they exist in a personal folder that you'll see by going to 'Hands and results' from the home page. Unfortunately it is not easy to use hands from your personal recent tournaments: you need to create a new folder, then go to recent tournaments, use the My Hands button and move the boards, one at a time, to the new folder. This can then be used in the bidding room.

Alternatively you can upload a LIN file, from vugraph archives, or the myhands database. I suggest you create a new folder and then use the Import LIN file.

Good luck!

paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   newton93 

• Pip

Posted 2012-April-06, 03:19

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for answering. I went to the Vugraph archive, and downloaded a set of boards of the bermuda finals as lin file. Then I imported those files in my BBO folder, and it worked! Unfortunately, after bidding, I can't see how the champs bid that particular hand, nor the contract, I guess that is asking too much.

Thanks, Peter

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-06, 05:58

View Postnewton93, on 2012-April-06, 03:19, said:

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for answering. I went to the Vugraph archive, and downloaded a set of boards of the bermuda finals as lin file. Then I imported those files in my BBO folder, and it worked! Unfortunately, after bidding, I can't see how the champs bid that particular hand, nor the contract, I guess that is asking too much.

Thanks, Peter

You should keep the link from the vugraph event you used, then compare your results with how the boards were played originally. Each match in the Vugraph archives has a "View" link and a "LIN" link. Click on View to see what happened when the event was played.

Also, about recent tournaments, it is possible to use them directly at the table, no need to save them separately. Open the teaching table (or bidding table), click My BBO at the top, then choose Hands and Results, Recent tournaments. Choose the hands you wish to review and select Export deal > Upload to table.

#5 User is offline   newton93 

• Pip

Posted 2012-April-06, 08:39

View Postdiana_eva, on 2012-April-06, 05:58, said:

You should keep the link from the vugraph event you used, then compare your results with how the boards were played originally. Each match in the Vugraph archives has a "View" link and a "LIN" link. Click on View to see what happened when the event was played.

Also, about recent tournaments, it is possible to use them directly at the table, no need to save them separately. Open the teaching table (or bidding table), click My BBO at the top, then choose Hands and Results, Recent tournaments. Choose the hands you wish to review and select Export deal > Upload to table.

Thanks! When I select recent tournament via myBBO though, I can only choose from my own tournaments, don't care much about those... ;-)

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-06, 10:04

View Postnewton93, on 2012-April-06, 08:39, said:

Thanks! When I select recent tournament via myBBO though, I can only choose from my own tournaments, don't care much about those... ;-)

Yes you can only choose yours. I didn't realize you meant other recent tournaments :)

#7 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-06, 16:07

so can you make hands in dealmaster pro and save them as lin format then import them?

#8 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-07, 02:07

View Postpigpenz, on 2012-April-06, 16:07, said:

so can you make hands in dealmaster pro and save them as lin format then import them?

Yes. Works well.

The other prepared hands I use in the bidding room are the Bridge World Challenge the Champs hands. When the magazine arrives I spend twenty minutes creating the hands in a new folder, trying to make the opponents hands fit any competitive bidding. A week or so later I'll bid the hands with my regular partner, with robots providing the opposition.

This is an example of a folder that I'd like to share with people, perhaps something for the future.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users