Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand Completion Percentage Idea for enhancement

#1 User is offline   kjadams 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-September-06, 14:40

When hosting a table, I find players will frequently leave in the middle of hand. Usually they are unhappy with partner's performance, and you can tell they were not disconnected because you can see them playing at another table. Also, they rarely leave when dealt a slam hand, but often leave when dealt zero.

Suggestion. Track hand completion percentage, and allow table hosts to view/filter players based on low percentages. Players should finish 100% of hands they start, but an occasional network disconnect can be forgiven. It should be easy to get 95% completion. Just play 19 hands and you are forgiven for one disconnect.

For the sake of tracking, players need to be able to leave at the end of a hand without starting the next board. A last board button could do this. Clicking would move a player to spec at the end of a hand and prevent a new deal until a new 4th was seated.

#2 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-September-06, 14:56

View Postkjadams, on 2011-September-06, 14:40, said:

When hosting a table, I find players will frequently leave in the middle of hand. Usually they are unhappy with partner's performance, and you can tell they were not disconnected because you can see them playing at another table. Also, they rarely leave when dealt a slam hand, but often leave when dealt zero.

Suggestion. Track hand completion percentage, and allow table hosts to view/filter players based on low percentages. Players should finish 100% of hands they start, but an occasional network disconnect can be forgiven. It should be easy to get 95% completion. Just play 19 hands and you are forgiven for one disconnect.

For the sake of tracking, players need to be able to leave at the end of a hand without starting the next board. A last board button could do this. Clicking would move a player to spec at the end of a hand and prevent a new deal until a new 4th was seated.

Welcome to the forums. You do realize all this is already implemented. You can set the table requirements to 95% completion (or less if you prefer).
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2011-September-06, 16:33

Sounds like a Windows version user. ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-06, 16:45

View Postmgoetze, on 2011-September-06, 16:33, said:

Sounds like a Windows version user. ;)

Ah, sorry. Didn't realize that it was different on the download version. Sorry to say that they've announced they won't be updating the download version. If you care to try the flash online version, what I said above is true.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#5 User is offline   SimonFa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, sailing (yachts and dinghies),

Posted 2011-September-08, 16:49

I suspect that like 90% of BBOers I have never started a table so that is worth knowing. Can I also suggest that table completion rates also appears in a players profile? Perhaps some publicity may incentivise members to hang about to keep their completion rates high?

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-September-10, 00:13

I think that may be a bit too invasive.

#7 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-10, 04:50

View Postbarmar, on 2011-September-10, 00:13, said:

I think that may be a bit too invasive.

Why would that be invasive?
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-10, 05:47

The completion rate stats are already displayed on each user's profile. They are not visible at any time, but displayed on a need-to-know basis. Board Completion Rate and Tourney Completion Rate become visible when"

- a player asks permission to sit at a table (the host can see the requester;s stats)
- a player sends an invitation to play to another player (be it team match, tourney or pick-up game).

The sender's profile is displayed with the invitation/request and his stats become visible.

Otherwise the stats are hidden. Each player can see his own stats by clicking his own name, then "Show profile". These stats are only visible to him, except for the situations mentioned above.

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-11, 10:47

View Postmrdct, on 2011-September-10, 04:50, said:

Why would that be invasive?

Because my stats are not any of your business, and vice versa, except in the situations Diana listed.

#10 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-October-04, 11:16

View PostSimonFa, on 2011-September-08, 16:49, said:

I suspect that like 90% of BBOers I have never started a table so that is worth knowing.
Of course, this also applies when you inherit being host of a table.

#11 User is offline   forwolf 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-07, 00:12

View Postdiana_eva, on 2011-September-10, 05:47, said:

The completion rate stats are already displayed on each user's profile. They are not visible at any time, but displayed on a need-to-know basis. Board Completion Rate and Tourney Completion Rate become visible ..."

The "when" is the only place I found some evidence of definition. If there is a BBO definition or explanation for these Completion Rate terms would someone please identify where I can view these definitions? More importantly, how can a user influence them and how does the system modify them (if at all due to player not active for a few months). thanks.

#12 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-07, 05:34

View Postforwolf, on 2014-July-07, 00:12, said:

The "when" is the only place I found some evidence of definition. If there is a BBO definition or explanation for these Completion Rate terms would someone please identify where I can view these definitions? More importantly, how can a user influence them and how does the system modify them (if at all due to player not active for a few months). thanks.

These statistics are described in BBO's Help files (click the HELP button on the top bar on BBO):

http://www.bridgebas...tion_rates.html

#13 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-07, 09:29

View Postdiana_eva, on 2011-September-10, 05:47, said:

The completion rate stats are already displayed on each user's profile. They are not visible at any time, but displayed on a need-to-know basis. Board Completion Rate and Tourney Completion Rate become visible when"

- a player asks permission to sit at a table (the host can see the requester;s stats)
- a player sends an invitation to play to another player (be it team match, tourney or pick-up game).

The sender's profile is displayed with the invitation/request and his stats become visible.

Otherwise the stats are hidden. Each player can see his own stats by clicking his own name, then "Show profile". These stats are only visible to him, except for the situations mentioned above.

This was posted almost three years ago, so I don't know whether it's still accurate. If it is, I'd like to suggest one more situation: when a player adds his name to the partnership desk at a tournament, his TCR should become visible. Potential partners should want this information before issuing an invitation to play.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users