BBO Discussion Forums: Photos of East Coast Earthquake Devastation - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Photos of East Coast Earthquake Devastation

#1 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-August-23, 18:43

http://www.inquisitr...ke-devastation/

#2 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-23, 20:15

That's great. I was out mowing the grass and did not realize anything had happened, but the next door pool had water waves slopping around. Chatting with my older daughter this evening she found it not at all surprising that an earthquake could come and go without my noticing. Apparently I am a known quantity in my family.
Ken

#3 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-26, 19:30

View Postkenberg, on 2011-August-23, 20:15, said:

That's great. I was out mowing the grass and did not realize anything had happened, but the next door pool had water waves slopping around. Chatting with my older daughter this evening she found it not at all surprising that an earthquake could come and go without my noticing. Apparently I am a known quantity in my family.

My sister slept through the Northridge quake. I tried waking her up, because her bed is right by the window, but I couldn't, and so tossed a blanket over her, got under a desk, and then the shaking stopped.
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#4 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2011-August-27, 08:04

View Postkenberg, on 2011-August-23, 20:15, said:

It does not surprise me that one who has spent a lifetime making the earth move beneath the feet of his spouse would ignore this little shake.

On the political side, the Democrats have proposed new legislation to install save-the-kids-backyard-pool-tsunami-warning systems to be paid for by tax credits if included with a contract for home energy upgrades from a licensed dealer in solar panels, while the Republicans announced they hope kids will learn how to swim for themselves, without supervision, and that they are offering free swimming lessons to any child who attends the $1000 a plate Save-UR-Self-by-Swimming fundraising dinner that, of course, will be tax deductible, and of which the procedes will be used to subsidize pool installation companies bogged down by litigation concerning safety regulations.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users