Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 Robot Individual Declarer always live participant

#1 User is offline   RLipsitz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-July-27, 11:41

I played for the 1st time several days ago, and ,as it happened, my robot partner played 7 of the 10 hands. It seems to me that it would be far more enjoyable for the
live participants if they were allowed to play all the hands for their side, even if they were actually the dummy. This would also better differentiate the skill level
of the players in determining the order of finish. One would think this would be a minor programming effort. Sincerely, Robert Lipsitz

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-27, 18:25

It's better to at least do a basic search before posting like this, unlike the previous 200 people to post this exact. same. idea.

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-27, 18:49

View PostTylerE, on 2011-July-27, 18:25, said:

It's better to at least do a basic search before posting like this, unlike the previous 200 people to post this exact. same. idea.

Speaking of good ideas that have been mentioned many times in these forums, how about making an effort to make first time posters feel welcome here? Your response is likely to have the exact opposite effect.

Robert - welcome to BBO and BBO Forums where there do exist plenty of people with good manners. Unfortunately the (good IMO) idea you mention is a lot more difficult to achieve than one would think due to some poor early design decisions. We have tried to work on this at least a couple of times, but so far we have been unable to get it right. I am guessing that eventually we will try again and that we will succeed one day, but I don't think this is likely to happen in the near future (sorry).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

PS I think you were somewhat "unlucky" to be dummy so often - usually that doesn't happen.

#4 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-21, 16:55

View Postfred, on 2011-July-27, 18:49, said:

Speaking of good ideas that have been mentioned many times in these forums, how about making an effort to make first time posters feel welcome here? Your response is likely to have the exact opposite effect.

Robert - welcome to BBO and BBO Forums where there do exist plenty of people with good manners. Unfortunately the (good IMO) idea you mention is a lot more difficult to achieve than one would think due to some poor early design decisions. We have tried to work on this at least a couple of times, but so far we have been unable to get it right. I am guessing that eventually we will try again and that we will succeed one day, but I don't think this is likely to happen in the near future (sorry).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

PS I think you were somewhat "unlucky" to be dummy so often - usually that doesn't happen.

in the commercial version that is one of the things that i hated the most was having to play the hands for GIB
for some reason mentally you thin of where the bids were made and flipping the table might help, but it is hard to get used

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users