Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand editor and hand folders web client

#1 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-09, 03:52

I decided to enter the Challenge the Champs (CTC) hands into a folder so that I can bid them in the partnership room. I entered the ten hands in order and saved them in a new folder, naming the hands b1, b2, ..., b10. The CTC hands vary in terms of dealer and vulnerability (in fact b1 is really a board 8, b2=9, b3=2, b4=7, b5=16, b6=5, b7=10, b8=11, b9=12, b10=13).

My complaint is that the boards do not appear in the saved folder in the order that I entered them, plus I am unable to reorder them.

The order of the boards in the folder are: b6, b7, b8, b1, b3, b2, b5, b4, b9, b10.

I will try it later using the default title of the hand (which is a date/time stamp) to see if the order of entering the boards is preserved.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is online   paulg 

Posted 2011-June-09, 12:21

View Postpaulg, on 2011-June-09, 03:52, said:

I will try it later using the default title of the hand (which is a date/time stamp) to see if the order of entering the boards is preserved.

This makes no difference, boards still appear to be in a random order that is independent of the order entered.

Is there any way to control this?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   shintaro 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-10, 03:22

:rolleyes:

In a possibly very similar vein Paul

I constructed hand lin files for use in Teams sets 1 to 6 7 to 12 13 to 18

When I loaded them into the Teams to play they all came out in sets of 1 to 6 (no 7 to 12 13 to 18)

#4 User is online   paulg 

Posted 2011-June-10, 03:49

View Postshintaro, on 2011-June-10, 03:22, said:

I constructed hand lin files for use in Teams sets 1 to 6 7 to 12 13 to 18

When I loaded them into the Teams to play they all came out in sets of 1 to 6 (no 7 to 12 13 to 18)

When my hands are loaded into the partnership bidding area they do retain the dealer and vulnerability that I assigned to them. It may be that the tables have the concept of playing one hand at a time, whereas a team match only has the concept of playing boards 1 to N.
The Beer Card

#5 User is offline   shintaro 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-10, 13:21

View Postpaulg, on 2011-June-10, 03:49, said:

When my hands are loaded into the partnership bidding area they do retain the dealer and vulnerability that I assigned to them. It may be that the tables have the concept of playing one hand at a time, whereas a team match only has the concept of playing boards 1 to N.

yes paul I agree and kind of assumed that; pity really it would be better IMHO that they ran in the proper sequence

;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users