Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cue bid dissuades cashing Ace

#1 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2010-December-28, 15:14

Here's an interesting hand from a Robot Rebate this afternoon.

The auction started the same at all 16 tables, then the auctions diverged. Some Souths cue bid 2, some showed their , some launched straight into Blackwood, and some jumped straight to either 4 or 6. They all took either 11 or 12 tricks, depending on whether East cashes his A on the opening lead; if not, the spades get discarded on or .

What turned out to be the common theme was that the bot cashed its Ace at all the tables EXCEPT the ones where South cue bid. So the slam made at the one table where the human cue bid, then bid Blackwood, and bid slam knowing he was missing two key cards and the trump Q (so there isn't even a finesse available for the trump K).

I wonder how that cue bid changed the simulations to make the bots act like this?

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-January-31, 03:45

It must much probably be reported at programming. Infact E has an Ace when S had cuebid and fourthemore not in American style (having a King second round controll) than the EstGib reads as a void and it being a deeply definition not better explained for how managed by Gib this one acts on previon of a ruffing and doesn't lead the Ace.Is it this to consider a bug ? Another, with the occasion: you have an honor inside for an impasse that Gib is going on to execute (i.e. Q) and if you retained your H Gib lead the top (i.e. A) making winner your Q insted to impasse with successfull, bye.

#3 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-31, 13:31

GIB isn't reading the cuebid as a void. It plays it as a limit raise or better, saying nothing about Spades.

#4 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-31, 18:28

View Postiandayre, on 2016-January-31, 13:31, said:

GIB isn't reading the cuebid as a void. It plays it as a limit raise or better, saying nothing about Spades.

About this limit raise had to be, starting from the end to explain better, on this bidding 1 interferred with an opp 1: 1) 3 6-11 points with support; 2) 2as here Michaels cue bid indicating Heart and a minor suit with plus points ; 3) 2 14-18 bal with 4 cards in heart inv or GF ; 4) for others biddings remaing its range of force.

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-31, 22:31

View PostLovera, on 2016-January-31, 18:28, said:

About this limit raise had to be, starting from the end to explain better, on this bidding 1 interferred with an opp 1: 1) 3 6-11 points with support; 2) 2as here Michaels cue bid indicating Heart and a minor suit with plus points ; 3) 2 14-18 bal with 4 cards in heart inv or GF ; 4) for others biddings remaing its range of force.

I really hope there are some typos in there.

#6 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-01, 10:27

View PostLovera, on 2016-January-31, 18:28, said:

I must say thanks to Bbradley62 that i evidentiated any my mistakes here. Infact " raising at third level after interference, is given with one hand with which, if there had been not the opp intervention, the respondent would give single raise or could have to bid before a suit aside, followed by a second answering in the opener suit". Than the range of 2 is not 14-18 but 6-11 while 3 is 11/12 points when interferred.

#7 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-02, 14:54

View PostLovera, on 2016-February-01, 10:27, said:

I must say thanks to Bbradley62 that i evidentiated any my mistakes here. Infact " raising at third level after interference, is given with one hand with which, if there had been not the opp intervention, the respondent would give single raise or could have to bid before a suit aside, followed by a second answering in the opener suit". Than the range of 2 is not 14-18 but 6-11 while 3 is 11/12 points when interferred.

What BB is saying is not criticism of your bridge content, and we understand that English is not your first language, but your comments are simply very difficult to understand.

But regarding the bridge part, once again, the cue is a limit raise or better, saying nothing about Spades. You may not agree with that yourself, but that is how GIB plays. It's not really clear what point you are trying to make.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users