BBO Discussion Forums: loading full D on Java version - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

loading full D on Java version alerts & other questions

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2011-June-29, 23:30

I usually play with old bbo and my FD system appear when i click CONV followed by Use button. If my partner got the Java version there is no problems, however if im logging in with Java i cant seem to be able to load my FD system.

Also when saving a hand any alert with explanation put by ourself is saved into the hand, however alerts/explanation already into the FD (and the opponents are seeing it without any problems) arent saved in the hands histories.

Is there documentation about using FD+Java bbo or is it just better if i stick with old bbo.

Thanks
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-30, 01:48

The "Java" Version is not Java, but a FLASH application.
Perhaps that kept you from finding something.

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-30, 02:22

Yeah, there is no Java version of BBO at the moment.

The Flash version has some issues with FD, especially when it comes to calls the meaning of which varies with seat and/or vulnerability. And to edit FD files you will probably need to download netbridgevu anyway as bidedit is bundled with it.

So if you are serious about FD, stick to netbridgevu.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#4 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2011-June-30, 04:07

Thanks

also if understand correctly the CC are saved in the server so when i log with the flash version it overwrite the file that is already in the "benlessard conventions cards" folder especially when my partner load the cc instead of me loading the last version.

My other question is if a bid is put as artificial in FD will the bid appear as an artificial bid for my opp (without them to need to scroll on my bid) or i still need to click alert and make my bid. Bacause when i look at my hands history i only see the alerts put manually and not the one that should be put by FD.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#5 User is offline   pooltuna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-30, 08:14

Strangely I think you need to use bridgenetvu to log in and once there open the new CC go into editor mode and save or resave(there may be a difference) your CC. This will force the server to save a copy and when you open the flash version it will be an optional selection. Hopefully the yellows will be along shortly to advise.
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users