BBO Discussion Forums: Climate change - BBO Discussion Forums

• 177 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Climate change a different take on what to do about it.

#2641 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-November-23, 15:35

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-23, 11:26, said:

20 cm in 300 years...

http://c3headlines.t...33ac485d970c-pi

You're just saying anything to distort everything.

How about you answer the 2 questions ?

You destroyed all of your credibility when you posted a series of easily falsifiable assertions.
It's simply not worth the time to treat anything new that you post as a serious claim, something worthy of study, or even consideration.

Look at this from my perspective.

It's already been demonstrated that you're a fool and a troll.
Why should I or anyone else waste time treating you or anything that you post with anything other than contempt?

What's in it for me?
Alderaan delenda est

#2642 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2015-November-23, 15:51

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-23, 13:32, said:

I guess your take is that this geologist is also incompetant (sic).

https://www.youtube....h?v=4LkMweOVOOI

I understand that your Dr. Don Easterbrook is truly a great hero of the chemtrails set: CHEMTRAILS: THE EXOTIC WEAPON

No doubt your chemtrails buddies find his reasoning as convincing as you do. :rolleyes:
But let's move above the level of the chemtrails people.

Easterbrook is a geologist, and clearly outside his field of competence. To get the facts about climate science, you go to climate scientists. When the fools in government call an incompetent person to testify on climate change, it is because they cannot find a competent climate scientist to support their political aims.

Your first clue to his incompetence should be his assertion that climate change is a hoax. No sane, competent scientist would assert that.

You've provided charts, for sure, but they don't confirm what you claim about them. And, when confronted with that, you simply ignore the problems that have been pointed out and restate your position (just like the chemtrails people always do).

If you really wanted a discussion, you'd react to Zelandakh and Hrothgar by saying something like, "Yes, the problems you point out are real ones in most cases, but in this particular case they are not. Here is why..." And you'd provide what you thought to be supporting information.

But you don't do that, and I know why you don't. (We all know why you don't.)
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#2643 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-23, 17:20

Posted Image
New York, New York, it's a hell of an energy consumer. (Shutterstock)

David Roberts interviews New York's new "energy czar", Richard Kauffman:

New York is in the midst of a comprehensive, wildly ambitious plan to reform its energy systems, aiming to make them more resilient, cleaner, and more affordable. By 2030, the state aims to reduce its carbon emissions by 40 percent (from 1990 levels) and draw 50 percent of its electricity from renewable sources.

Behind those broad goals is an enormous range of programs, primarily focused on electricity, from research to financing to utility reform. Under the state's Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) program, its electric utilities will be restructured to allow for more market competition and more distributed energy resources like rooftop solar panels, batteries, and home energy management systems. (I wrote about NY REV in some detail in this post.)

The man charged with administering this sprawling effort is Richard Kauffman, New York's first "energy czar," or rather, chair of energy and finance for New York. Kauffman was a partner at Goldman Sachs and head of a renewable energy investment firm before he became a senior adviser to Energy Secretary Steven Chu during Obama's first term. That's where New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo found him.

I recently called Kauffman to geek out over energy, getting his thoughts on the state's energy strategy, the politics around it, and the mechanics of utility reform. What follows is a transcript of our conversation, edited for length and clarity.

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2644 User is offline   Daniel1960 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-November-23, 18:31

View PostPassedOut, on 2015-November-23, 12:10, said:

Again, the basic physics were explained to you earlier in this thread, and records show that, since the industrial revolution, variations in heat from the sun no longer solely account for temperature changes on earth.

No matter how many graphs you show nor how many times you restate your position, the fact remains that CO2 does affect our climate. The extent of the problem can be debated, but not the fact of it. As a conservative businessman, I consider it irresponsible to oppose reducing CO2 emissions until we can get a good handle on how to mitigate the damage that our kids and grandkids will face.

Good point. Exactly how much of our recent temperature change can be attributed to the sun or CO2 or any other factor is a major player in what should be done now and in the future. The other major factor is what the results of such changes will be. Too many people hold fast to its is all the sun or CO2, and refuse to look at the issue objectively. Too many also tend to view every weather anomaly as a result of climate change, rather than natural occurrence. The other issue is neglecting the benefits, such as lower heating bills and enhanced agriculture.

#2645 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-November-24, 06:37

View Posty66, on 2015-November-23, 17:20, said:

Posted Image
New York, New York, it's a hell of an energy consumer. (Shutterstock)

David Roberts interviews New York's new "energy czar", Richard Kauffman:

Kauffman was a partner at Goldman Sachs and head of a renewable energy investment firm before he became a senior adviser to Energy Secretary Steven Chu during Obama's first term.

Be very, very afraid, Solyndra-type afraid :ph34r:
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#2646 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-November-24, 07:39

View PostAl_U_Card, on 2015-November-24, 06:37, said:

Kauffman was a partner at Goldman Sachs and

Oh look, another dog whistle from Al about the evil international Jewish bankers...
Alderaan delenda est

#2647 User is offline   baraka 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 07:41

View Posthrothgar, on 2015-November-23, 15:00, said:

You misspelled "incompetent".

That's the only inteligent thing you have to say ? How about ansewring the question ?

#2648 User is offline   baraka 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 07:52

View PostPassedOut, on 2015-November-23, 15:51, said:

I understand that your Dr. Don Easterbrook is truly a great hero of the chemtrails set: CHEMTRAILS: THE EXOTIC WEAPON

No doubt your chemtrails buddies find his reasoning as convincing as you do. :rolleyes:

Easterbrook is a geologist, and clearly outside his field of competence.

Some other defamation and character assasinaton !

If you were a real math graduate you would answer that 5th grade question about the % of the Greenland icesheet that the falling ice bloc was.

Since you cant answer my question about arctic correlation with arctic temperature them, either...

A) You're not a math graduate

B) Skipped or failled your stattistics classes

C) You just wont answer because that would prove Al Gore's CO2 scam.

So which is it ?

Oh, forgot...

D) Pure ignorance

Sorry, not telling, just asking !

#2649 User is offline   baraka 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 08:03

View PostDaniel1960, on 2015-November-23, 18:31, said:

Good point. Exactly how much of our recent temperature change can be attributed to the sun or CO2 or any other factor is a major player in what should be done now and in the future. The other major factor is what the results of such changes will be. Too many people hold fast to its is all the sun or CO2, and refuse to look at the issue objectively. Too many also tend to view every weather anomaly as a result of climate change, rather than natural occurrence. The other issue is neglecting the benefits, such as lower heating bills and enhanced agriculture.

Maybe everyone should have a look at these 2 videos. Shurely, not everyone in these viseos are mistaken...

CO2 global warming scam, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth…

https://www.youtube....h?v=hGZKMbDlnso

A Greenpeace cofounder is warning of the man made global warming scam…

https://www.youtube....h?v=dIvLEwGS-70

#2650 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-November-24, 08:21

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 08:03, said:

Maybe everyone should have a look at these 2 videos. Shurely, not everyone in these viseos are mistaken...

Here's another video

https://www.youtube....h?v=qP3ZlTBT050

Surely the folks who this video out aren't mistaken...
Alderaan delenda est

#2651 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-November-24, 08:28

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 07:52, said:

Some other defamation and character assasinaton !

Baraka, you were the one who was stupid enough to cite Easterbrook as an authority on global warming.

Pointing out that the man is a crank, who has made enormous numbers of non credible claim is hardly character assassination.

On the subject of credibility, there are multiple web pages documenting Easterbrook's gross negligence during his testimony about climate change.

http://www.skeptical...of-reality.html is a good example.

The reason that non one is bother to respond to you various questions is quite simple.

If you are too stupid and lazy to verify the accuracy of the material that we post, why should anyone else take your claims seriously?

Good trolls don't cite studies that have extensive FAQs debunking them.

Go away
Create a new log ID
Try again

Maybe you'll have more luck...
Alderaan delenda est

#2652 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 08:29

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 08:03, said:

Maybe everyone should have a look at these 2 videos. Shurely (sic), not everyone in these viseos (sic) are mistaken...

Why not? If it is the number of people claiming that climate change is a hoax that impresses you, consider that there are many, many more bright, hard-working, honest scientists providing solid evidence that the jokers in the videos are indeed mistaken.

In fact, it is a bit sad that anyone finds your videos convincing at all.
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#2653 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-November-24, 08:31

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 07:41, said:

That's the only inteligent thing you have to say ? How about ansewring the question ?

Snark is always apropos.

(And I have told you several times why people don't waste their time responding to your random claim d'jour)
Alderaan delenda est

#2654 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 08:37

View Posthrothgar, on 2015-November-24, 07:39, said:

Oh look, another dog whistle from Al about the evil international Jewish bankers...

LOL, I saw your post first and I couldn't believe the emphasis was already in the original.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#2655 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2015-November-24, 09:01

View Postcherdano, on 2015-November-24, 08:37, said:

LOL, I saw your post first and I couldn't believe the emphasis was already in the original.

G/S is just a "vampire-squid" sucking the economical life from everyone. That they back anything makes it suspect. Just ask Jimmy Cayne...
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#2656 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 09:23

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 07:52, said:

If you were a real math graduate you would answer that 5th grade question about the % of the Greenland icesheet that the falling ice bloc was.

Why should I help you with that? Learn to do your own work.

#2657 User is offline   baraka 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 12:03

View PostPassedOut, on 2015-November-24, 09:23, said:

Why should I help you with that? Learn to do your own work.

Exactly like I thaugth. Never any answers. Always inuendoes, misdirection, defamation and character assasination. Never anything constructive. If you dont have the time for checking everything then why take the time to critic everything. You are a bunch of poses for Al Gore and nothing, I mean nothing will make you open your eyes. It's your job here to mess it up.

99.9% of the earth's humanity are either stupids, ignorants, lazies or fraudulent liars. I've met quite a bunch here. The worst kind are the fraudulent liars and this blog is full of them. Just poses for Al Gore.

#2658 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-24, 12:21

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 12:03, said:

Never any answers.

Stop being such a cry-baby. If you imagine that the glacial calculation you are asking for will support your claims about CO2, just do the work, provide the result, and explain how it supports your view.

#2659 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2015-November-24, 12:21

View Postbaraka, on 2015-November-24, 12:03, said:

Exactly like I thaugth. Never any answers. Always inuendoes, misdirection, defamation and character assasination. Never anything constructive. If you dont have the time for checking everything then why take the time to critic everything. You are a bunch of poses for Al Gore and nothing, I mean nothing will make you open your eyes. It's your job here to mess it up.

99.9% of the earth's humanity are either stupids, ignorants, lazies or fraudulent liars. I've met quite a bunch here. The worst kind are the fraudulent liars and this blog is full of them. Just poses for Al Gore.

Respect is earned not owed.

It's pity that your own conduct meant that no one is willing to treat you with anything but contempt.

Try not to choke on all that bile...

I will note the following

> 99.9% of the earth's humanity are either stupids, ignorants, lazies or fraudulent liars.

When I see a rant like that one complaining that everyone else is stupid and containing any number of basic errors in spelling and grammar, I normally assume that the issues with intellect and communication lie with the poster rather than the 99.9%

This post has been edited by hrothgar: 2015-November-24, 12:31

Alderaan delenda est

#2660 User is offline   baraka 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-25, 07:24

View Posthrothgar, on 2015-November-24, 12:21, said:

Respect is earned not owed.

It's pity that your own conduct meant that no one is willing to treat you with anything but contempt.

Try not to choke on all that bile...

I will note the following

> 99.9% of the earth's humanity are either stupids, ignorants, lazies or fraudulent liars.

When I see a rant like that one complaining that everyone else is stupid and containing any number of basic errors in spelling and grammar, I normally assume that the issues with intellect and communication lie with the poster rather than the 99.9%

Oh well... keep at it ...

https://www.youtube....h?v=TaLYj_3fwNE

• 177 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users