• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO on Iphone or Ipad? The use of BBO on apple device

#41 User is offline   miketheb 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-December-16, 12:08

Bill Gates plays bridge may be he can help?

Mike. B

#42 User is offline   mikeb_999 

• Pip

Posted 2011-December-25, 12:28

For Android tablets (ex. Toshiba) all the technie has to do is create an applete for the password.
You can sign in as a new member but can not re-enter.

#43 User is offline   zerowords 

• Pip

Posted 2012-January-09, 22:21

I do not have a solution to the problem being discussed here, but I have developed an untested app for the ipad which keeps scores of "party bridge" tallies using a spreadsheet from Numbers. The spreadsheet remembers and displays each person's score for the day, not just the table. I would really like to get some feedback and testing of this app, so please contact me if you would be willing to do so. schott brian gmail com (replace the spaces with the appropriate punctuation)

Thanks,

Brian in Atlanta

#44 User is offline   speedskate 

• Pip

Posted 2012-January-17, 19:54

I have BBO the web version just running on my iPAD 2. I installed a new browser "Photon Flash" ran it instead of Safari and brought up BBO - logged in and watched. I have not tried out everything yet.

Cheers Charles

#45 User is offline   HombreEast 

• Pip

Posted 2012-February-09, 17:08

The Flash problem is indeed unfortunate , preventing playing BBO bridge on an IPad. Does anyone know if the IPad3 which will be announced in March will allow us to play BBO bridge ? If not, what about the Kindle Fire ?

#46 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-February-09, 18:56

View PostHombreEast, on 2012-February-09, 17:08, said:

If not, what about the Kindle Fire ?

Yes. http://www.bridgebas...__fromsearch__1

#47 User is offline   scampy_008 

• Pip

Posted 2012-February-11, 10:23

I know loads of software geeks that would be willing to produce a BBO app,

If someone in authority would like to make enquiries plz let me know via email on abdul_vali@hotmail.co.uk

I say geeks but these are guys who have worked @ IBM and Centrica

#48 User is offline   zhzubair4 

• Pip

Posted 2012-February-14, 12:29

iphone is the best
iphone is the best

#49 User is offline   460221 

• Pip

Posted 2012-March-30, 14:19

Alwayson pc also works with iphone. If You have at least +3.0 reading glasses :-)

#50 User is offline   yy4me 

• Pip

Posted 2012-April-24, 10:08

View Postdocjoe, on 2010-September-28, 11:08, said:

Unfortunately Iphone or IPAD don't support flash player so is impossible use BBO on this hardware, but it'll be great to do so!
Any people from technical support has an idea how it will be possible?

Thanks
Emilio

Yes, you can play bbo on your iPad. Check out: http://www.e-forward...ne-on-the-ipad/

#51 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-24, 13:17

wow...these discussions have been going on ever since the first ipad came out.
somehow all ipad discussions should be combined into one forum, so people can read
about remote control software or other flash enabled browsers for the pad. :rolleyes:

#52 User is offline   allen333 

• Pip

Posted 2012-April-24, 18:25

View Postinquiry, on 2011-March-28, 10:33, said:

If apple just supported Flash, BBO bridge could be played on apple devices just like any other modern device that supports Flash like PC;s, mac's, xoom, galaxy Tab, etc. :rolleyes:

#53 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-25, 17:34

View Postspeedskate, on 2012-January-17, 19:54, said:

I have BBO the web version just running on my iPAD 2. I installed a new browser "Photon Flash" ran it instead of Safari and brought up BBO - logged in and watched. I have not tried out everything yet.

Cheers Charles

Just tried Photon Flash 1.8 on iPad (3).. I would not recommend this $4.95 app.

It is awkward to use with keyboard. It forces you to select to use flash. It repeatedly will re-prompt you to see if you are still using it (even watching an amazon instant video - not sure why they use flash). Click and drag, for example to change the size of the user/result area does not work.

Finally, and this is not really the fault of the app, BBO needs to be tailored to a screen as small as an iPad to work well. Maybe someday, BBO will have "tabbed" windows that are easier to manage to switch between views and environment management. Then it might work pretty well, but I would not expect that to happen in flash which is truly an awful (outdated) way to handle interaction on the web.

I did not try testing the audio in a teaching or bidding table. Perhaps bidding table might be one place where this would work ok.

#54 User is offline   many_i 

• Pip

Posted 2012-May-23, 08:03

Hi,
have an iPad, try this:
Install the browser called Puffin Free from the AppStore and go to the BBO homepage to loggin. This browser have an icon for Keyboard and one for Mouse. Enjoy the game. Margit

#55 User is offline   00abba 

• Pip

Posted 2012-June-03, 10:42

View Postdocjoe, on 2010-September-28, 11:08, said:

Unfortunately Iphone or IPAD don't support flash player so is impossible use BBO on this hardware, but it'll be great to do so!
Any people from technical support has an idea how it will be possible?

Thanks
Emilio

#56 User is offline   iphoneboss 

• Pip

Posted 2012-June-27, 01:19

Actually I'm comfortable with iPhone and i would like to iPhone very much.So if you’re already an iPhone owner, do you need the iPad too? The answer depends on how you currently use your iPhone--and on what you want out of the iPad. Think of it this way: If you’ve ever found yourself wanting more from your iPhone, you might consider investing in an iPad. Do you watch a lot of videos on your iPhone? If so, you’ve probably wished that the display were larger. Are you a gamer? iPad games blow iPhone games out of the water.
You know Google give away Iphones ?
http://bit.ly/N3CQPs

#57 User is offline   rmfenerty 

• Pip

Posted 2012-June-29, 19:18

View Postfred, on 2010-October-26, 13:15, said:

Given that there is serious uncertainty in terms of how things are going to play out in this market (including with respect to whether or not Apple devices will remain popular or if they will go the way of the Mac), we are currently unwilling to commit the necessary resources to an Apple-specific project (sorry).

According to the May 2012 IDC Worldwide Quarterly Media Tablet and eReader Tracker:

Apple shipped 11.8 million iPads during the quarter, down from 15.4 million units in the fourth quarter of 2011, and grew its worldwide share from 54.7% in 4Q11 to 68% in 1Q12.

Sounds like Apple is doing OK with this iPad thingamajig. Might be worth reconsidering the potential market of a native iOS app.

#58 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-30, 02:19

There is a BBO app now that works on ipad.iphone android and kindle:

http://www.bridgebas...description.php

#59 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-30, 13:53

And Fred's point is still valid. The technology we used for this app is not Apple-specific, it allows the same app to be deployed on all these platforms (just as the switch to Flash allowed the same web application to be used on Windows, Macs, and Linux).

#60 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-July-05, 14:31

View Postbarmar, on 2012-June-30, 13:53, said:

And Fred's point is still valid. The technology we used for this app is not Apple-specific, it allows the same app to be deployed on all these platforms (just as the switch to Flash allowed the same web application to be used on Windows, Macs, and Linux).

And just like Flash, Adobe reserves the right to randomly discontinue support for any platform at any time. Boooooo!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users