• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iPad vs Kindle

#1 User is offline   JoAnneM 

• LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-July-27, 11:02

I have them both, and like them very much but for indoor use I have been using the iPad most of the time. For sitting outside and reading, though, the Kindle is the only one that works. However, the problem with the iPad is that I have all these neat games on it like backgammon, shuffleboard, spite & malice, etc, and then I have to catch up on all the news, and THEN I can turn on the iPad Kindle app and read my book.

The iPad is fairly heavy, especially when you put a nice cover on it which is essential because the thing is so slippery, and I have been noticing some pain in my thumbs. Yesterday at bridge club I started getting cramps in my thumbs and could hardly hold the cards. Could this be iPaditis? I may put the iPad away for awhile, just use the Kindle and see if I can hold the cards again.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!

#2 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-January-06, 09:11

I recently got a Kindle. It's hard to beat for reading on the Metro. Will definitely consider an iPad when the carrier costs and weight factor come down.

My bank recently polled customers thusly:

Did you get an iPad for Christmas?

Results:

9% yes
45% no, still want one
39% no, not interested
7% had one already

I see that some school systems are providing iPads for some groups of students as alternatives to books and as platforms for interactive instruction. That seems like a natural evolution. Didn't Apple once pride themselves on their relationship with educational software makers? Maybe they still do.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users