Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2004 Spingold Vugraph

#1 User is offline   chand 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-July-23, 12:03

Does anyone have the .lin file for the 2004 Spingold Semi Final segment 4 between Nickell and Jacbobs? The cruicial file seems to be missing from the bridgebase archives.

Thanks

-Bala

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-July-23, 12:07

Sigh....

The reason for that is after the first three quarters, the decision was made to show the other semi-final match because nickells was totally out of this match... lol... someone never heard about it aint over till its over.. uday took a hit on that decision, but really, the decision was the ACBL's in the final analysis.

Ben
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-July-23, 12:08

This segment was not covered on Vugraph. The ACBL, well perhaps Chris Compton, has a policy of covering the closer semi-final in order to prevent arguments about which match to cover.

Unfortunately there was less excitement in the Spector-Kamil match (not Welland as in the archive) as, although the total number was similar, the IMPs were shared rather than all going to one side

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   chand 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-July-23, 12:16

Are the hand records and bids and plays available somewhere? I am sure someone with enough time on their hands could convert that to a .lin file.

-Bala

#5 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-July-23, 12:22

No.

They were discussing Eric Rodwell's scorecard during Vugraph the following morning, but that was the extent of the record ... and presumably Rodwell is keeping hold of it!

The hands were the same as the other semi-final. Perhaps more will appear in a magazine as journalists pester the players for the full story.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users