BBO Discussion Forums: Team Games? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Games? My 2006 Windows Client ...

#1 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2010-January-14, 21:09

A thorough search via my 2006 Windows client showed nothing about Team Games, then I found BBO tournament results, which included Team Games.

Hunh?

Where?

A BBO Tourney Forum search did show me the (BBO) IAC page, but ... ?

Thanks

oren
0

#2 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,432
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver #1 city in the world :)
  • Interests:Bridge, skiing

Posted 2010-January-14, 21:45

Make sure you have `log deals`checked in your user profile
Make note of the team game number
Goto c:<bbo<hands<oren goren

you should find it there
Searching for your own mistakes is the only way to learn this game. - Fluffy

And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly. - MikeH

SLOW DOWN! This is not a speedball :)
0

#3 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2010-January-14, 22:38

jillybean, on Jan 14 2010, 10:45 PM, said:

Make sure you have `log deals`checked in your user profile
Make note of the team game number
Goto c:<bbo<hands<oren goren

you should find it there

Thanks, jillybean.

You were one of the posters in that huge 4-post thread about teams in 2008.

I was looking for how and when to play team games.

That is what my 2006 browse didn't show me.

(And being on Windows 98 not safely updateable?)

oren
0

#4 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,432
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver #1 city in the world :)
  • Interests:Bridge, skiing

Posted 2010-January-15, 01:28

Oren Goren, on Jan 14 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

You were one of the posters in that huge 4-post thread about teams in 2008.


Wow, if I had a memory like that I'd be an expert :)
Searching for your own mistakes is the only way to learn this game. - Fluffy

And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly. - MikeH

SLOW DOWN! This is not a speedball :)
0

#5 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2010-January-15, 01:56

jillybean, on Jan 15 2010, 02:28 AM, said:

Oren Goren, on Jan 14 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

You were one of the posters in that huge 4-post thread about teams in 2008.


Wow, if I had a memory like that I'd be an expert :)

My memory is sooo good it has been given its own name:

search.


<g>

oren
0

#6 User is offline   onoway 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 936
  • Joined: 2005-August-17

Posted 2010-January-16, 08:07

Probably most team games on BBO are set up on a semi random basis. There are a few such as the Cayne vs and the Gezzers vs and some other private ones which run regularly but akaik there isn't anything much set up otherwise except for Ray's Bridge Ladder, the IAC club and now I think the ACOL club.
Occassionally IAC runs non series team games, called Spur of the Moment teams; any club member with or without a pard can play in those. They are not scheduled regularly as they tend to be stressful to organize.:) I dont know of any other club doing this.
Anyone can set up a team game as long as they can gather together 8 players.
If you want/need help learning how to set them up, give me a shout, I would be happy to do what I can.
0

#7 User is offline   fondalonie 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 2010-February-05

Posted 2010-February-05, 13:46

Hi Oren,

Quote

Thanks, jillybean.

You were one of the posters in that huge 4-post thread about teams in 2008.

I was looking for how and when to play team games.


I, too, am searching for the same information. However, I was unable to find the above thread that you mention. I would appreciate it if you could post a link to it, here. :)

Thanks
0

#8 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2010-February-05, 20:50

onoway, on Jan 16 2010, 09:07 AM, said:

Probably most team games on BBO are set up on a semi random basis. There are a few such as the Cayne vs and the Gezzers vs and some other private ones which run regularly but akaik there isn't anything much set up otherwise except for Ray's Bridge Ladder, the IAC club and now I think the ACOL club.
Occassionally IAC runs non series team games, called Spur of the Moment teams; any club member with or without a pard can play in those. They are not scheduled regularly as they tend to be stressful to organize.:D I dont know of any other club doing this.
Anyone can set up a team game as long as they can gather together 8 players.
If you want/need help learning how to set them up, give me a shout, I would be happy to do what I can.

Thanks!

But/and I almost have a partner.

oren
0

#9 User is offline   Oren Goren 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 2006-September-08

Posted 2010-February-05, 21:07

fondalonie, on Feb 5 2010, 02:46 PM, said:

Hi Oren,

Quote

Thanks, jillybean.

You were one of the posters in that huge 4-post thread about teams in 2008.

I was looking for how and when to play team games.


I, too, am searching for the same information. However, I was unable to find the above thread that you mention. I would appreciate it if you could post a link to it, here. :D

Thanks

I'll be durned!

I just spent 15 minutes trying to find it again and couldn't even with +team +jillybean and +teams +jillybean searches.

jillybean because she was part of that thread.

maybe there is a time limit on retention that has now past?

Innyhoo, didn't this thread give us a lead or two?

Also, BBO_IAC, which plays here on BBO is at http://pigpen.org.uk/IAC/.

They are not actively seeking members but if you have a partner? Or play some standard system?

Also, the top line on the first page of my old Windows client is "Click to Play ...". One of the subsequent options is "Team Matches". Click that and you have a few options.

Regards.

oren
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users